Alert Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadofall

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
so. anyone know if we can create our own custom alert tones? my self created ring tones dont show up as selectable for voicemail and txt msg alerts tones. but i figure they maybe to long? figured i'd check if we can create our own or only ones bought from apple for now.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
so. anyone know if we can create our own custom alert tones? my self created ring tones dont show up as selectable for voicemail and txt msg alerts tones. but i figure they maybe to long? figured i'd check if we can create our own or only ones bought from apple for now.

You can create your own, or cut down a ringtone that you already have. Usually about 6 sec. is good for an alert tone. After you create it, put it back into "ringtones" (within iTunes), in the shortened version, and sync with phone. There are some great ringtone and alert tone programs out there, most are free. I personally use PhoneZoo. It's free, and after creating tone, it automatically zaps it into iTunes.:)

MikeB43

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Some of my custom ringtones were missing and I couldn't add the ones I wanted after the upgrade. So I removed all the user created tones, sync'd, added them back and re-sync'd. Everything showed up and works fine now.

I added my favorite text alert tone...they are easy to make.

* this has only happened to the iphone that kept getting a 3200 error and eventually had to be soft booted to get USB connection back.

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I created a text tone from an old Sony Ericsson phone and used it as my BlackBerry tone before making the switch to iPhone. So happy to be able to use it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox