Multiple custom ringtones on a single iPhone?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I have been meaning to redownload my custom ringtones to my iPhone for quite awhile. I keep running into this problem though. Whenever I go to add multiple custom ringtones, the last one I add is the only one available in the ringtone area. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

I currently use Audacity to cut and export the songs. Once exported, I change the file extension to the iTunes appropriate format (mr3 I think) then drag/drop into the ringtone section of iTunes. Any help with this is appreciated! I'd like to assign special songs for certain people (girlfriend, mom, dad, etc).

Thanks!

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
The file extension should be .m4r and should be internally an AAC formatted file.

Not sure what's going on, but I have about 20 custom ringtones on my phone at the present time. My wife has the same 20 custom ringtone on her iPhone, too.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Myxer is the best source by far to make custom ringtones. Its done on the computer and the ringtone is created for iphone and its saved to wherever you want to. And you just drag and drop into itunes like you would a song and there you go. The myxer UI is easy and advanced if you need it. Change the volume, fade the song, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR