Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

12 Posts

Question Anybody knowledgable about iPhone video?

I would like to know 1) how many frames/second the iphone records video at, and 2) more importantly, does anybody have experience with converting the iPhones MPEG4 to AVI? I downloaded a couple of converters in CNET and they only seem to convert the audio, not the video. Trying to put together a presentation for our business.

Thanks in advance!
    iMore Genius

3,682 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,789 Global Posts

You can use handbrake for your video/audio needs and as far as frame per seconds, up to 30. If handbrake is a program you tried and it didn't work for you, you didn't do it right.
    iMore Intermediate

100 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

iPhone 4 HD video to AVI is certainly possible, but I'm afraid I only know a somewhat complicated way of doing it (it's not really all that difficult, but requires a little literacy in computer and video terms). If you Google "MOV to AVI" several software options pop up, but they're mostly paid software and may have trouble with H.264 HD video. I used a combination of YAMB (to get the audio and video out of the MOV container) and MeGUI (to encode the audio to XviD, encode the audio to MP3, and mux them together into an AVI file), both of which are free software downloads. Here's a little AVI video of a mule deer jumping in the Grand Canyon (attached at bottom). It took me like 2 minutes to convert from MOV to AVI. If you want lots of information about encoding videos, I recommend that you visit the forums at Doom9's Forum. You can learn literally ANYTHING about video encoding there. Searching those forums is a great tool. Maybe someone else knows of a super simple free program to use, or I can try to help if you want any more information.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default g8 post

Great post