Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

103 Posts

Default What's the best video conversion software for th iPhone?

I've been using total video converter for all my video converting but was wondering if there is a better one out there. What are you guys using? I'm particularly looking for software to convert from .avi to .mp4.

Give me some suggestions. Freeware would be nice
    iPhone Newbie

31 Posts

I've been pretty happy with this one:

Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Free Version - convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG

The free version does everything I need it to do.

eta: Wow, that's a really ugly link.
    iMore Intermediate

345 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

I use handbrake
    iMore Intermediate

414 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

hmm, I don't think there are the best one, but the suitable one, which are suitable for your need, then you'll like it.
    Usually I like use handbrake and Videora, both are totally free and do good jobs, you just wanna convert avi to mp4, I think the two can meet your need.
    Well, if get special use or more effect like watermark or merge, then should turn to some other tools, maybe shareware. Recently I ran into a video tool named iFunia that do the update for iPhone 4, it's an all-in-one video conversion, can do nearly any conversion between videos, I think the upgrading is a good option for needing: iFunia Video Converter adds iPhone 4 options | MacTech

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

There are a few other large threads about this already so I will close this one.