Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,373 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!

Attention TiPb nation -- we need wallpapers!

Our new iOS 4 and iOS 3.2 iPhones and iPads can have custom wallpaper, the only problem is the defaults are played out and we're not getting new, great ones fast enough. So what are we going to do?

Why, run a contest of course!

Make us some awesome iPhone and iPad wallpapers and every week we'll pick one and give out a prize.

You can make a wallpaper for just one device/resolution, or for all devices/resolutions (and increase your chances of being picked!) It's up to you. Here are the specs:

- 640x960 for iPhone 4 retina display
    - 1024x1024 for iPad
    - 480x320 for iPhone previous gen iPhone, iPod touch

When you've made your wallpaper, just attach it in a reply to this thread (no outside links -- attachments only) and you're entered to win!

IMPORTANT: no copyright infringement. Only original works will be considered, so put away your Google Image Search and open up you favorite image editor. This is one for the creative types!

Also, accessory prizes typically require US mailing address, gift certificates typically require iTunes and/or Paypal account for redemption.

Help us TiPb nation, our iOS screens are naked. You're our only hope!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Ipad Wallpaper

Taken from my Canon DSLR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-islandipad.jpg  
    iMore Pro

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-chruch.jpg  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Japanese Shoes

The resolution is not exact, feel free to scale down when you set as wallpaper. I also have a really high resolution version for 17" macbook pro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-shoes_ipad.jpg  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Maiko

Here is a shot of my wife done at a maiko Studio in Kyoto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-mariko_geisha_ipad.jpg  
    iPhone Newbie

Looking across Tucson from one of the most photographed holes in golf. Taken with my 3GS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-img_0201.jpg  
    iMore Beginner

Default Wallpaper contest

"It's Showtime"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-contest-image-2.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Default iPhone Wallpaper Drawings

Hello! I'm an artist and I made a series of five iPhone Wallpaper Drawings, each 2" x 3" (optimized for the iPhone screen). They are all graphite on panel. Here is one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-ben-s-1.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Beach

MS Gulf Coast (before the tarballs) Taken with Nikon camera, no enhancements.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-beach1.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-beach2.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-photo-7-.jpg

My bride in waiting...
    Thanked by:
    chaosking123 (11-04-2010)
    iPhone Nanite

And for a change of pace, some pix of a Vader art project...along with my Vespa and a Jersey fall pic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-photo-9-.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-photo-10-.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-photo-8-.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-photo-2.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

All of these are great photos - but not all are great wallpapers.
    The architectural sketch on the last page and the leaves (above) are my favorites so far.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cwaturner View Post
    Looking across Tucson from one of the most photographed holes in golf. Taken with my 3GS.
    too snowy for Tucson !
    iMore Beginner

Default Quick Illustration

Created With Adobe Illustrator CS5 Rasterized with Photoshop CS5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-quick-illustration.jpg  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Hawaii "City of Refuge"

Here's a shot taken at Pu'uhonua O Honaunau ("City of Refuge") on the island of Hawai'i. I took this many many years ago, on Kodachrome, believe it or not!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-puuhonua.jpg  
    Last edited by SockRolid; 07-09-2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Added last sentence
    iPhone Nanite

Here's a few I put together last week as random illustrations and space type stuff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-ipad1.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-ipad2.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-ipad3.jpg  
    iPhone Intermediate

A few of my oooold pics. Have a ton more but this is what I have at work.

EDIT: All are sized at 960*640. If anyone actually cares to use one for either iPad or 3G(S) iPhone/iPod Touch, I will gladly upload the appropriate sized versions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-aaa-bear.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-bootyshot.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-downtown-dallas.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-guitar-player.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-wicked.jpg  

Last edited by MAGNUS; 07-09-2010 at 02:17 PM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Quote Originally Posted by jtnave23 View Post
    MS Gulf Coast (before the tarballs) Taken with Nikon camera, no enhancements.
    Gulfport? Sure looks familiar!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Yes, Gulfport last year. Thanks!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Shot was taken at the Mystic Aquarium...all 3 resolutions for iPad, iPhone 4, and the older iPhone's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-ipad_clownfish_aquarium.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-iphone3_clownfish_aquarium.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-iphone4_clownfish_aquarium.jpg  
    Last edited by kairo; 07-09-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Thomas#IM (10-24-2010)
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,373 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Sorry folks, looks like iPad wallpapers need to be 1024x1024 to properly handle homescreen rotation. Updated the contest post. (Thanks Damon!)
    iPhone Nanite

Default Wallpaper

Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-palm-trees.jpg

Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-sunset-beach.jpg
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Taken in my office with macro lens

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-orchid_ipad.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-orchid_3g.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-orchid_i4.jpg  
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I've been using this background I made on my iPhone 3GS and 4 for a while now. I made an iPad one to match for the contest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-iphone3coffee.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-iphone4coffee.jpg   Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-ipadcoffee.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Vox (10-22-2010)
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Here's an updated version of my iPad wallpaper (now that I noticed it needed to be made in 1024x1024)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!-ipadcoffee.jpg  
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast