iphone 3GS Component video breakout cable problem

mc2

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm new to iPhones and new to this forum. Lots of smart users here I think. Perhaps someone could explain what's happening with a new set of Apple cables I just bought. I want to play video from iPod app. out to a PAL plasma panel or a DVD recorder. The audio works okay but when I connect the three leads to component video I get no image on the plasma. When I connect via an "S" combiner (chroma and luma) I get a B&W duplicated image which is no good either. When first connected to the 30 pin socket the cable froze the video playing on the iPhone. Eventually for no apparent reason (after opening and closing the video clip) it began playing audio but no video... The cable says it's compatible with iPhone 3GS but I sometimes get a incompatible error message and am asked if I want to go into Airplane mode to reduce audio interferrence. Any ideas pls?

jeffskent

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
This may not help at all, but, I suggest you start by checking that your 3GS is set to PAL, not NTSF or what ever it is. I couldn't get my cable to work the other day because someone had set the output on the ipod to Pal. Next, see if the cable will output to a non plasma component display. If so, then take the cable back to the store where you bought it and explain the issue. Perhaps they can help you set up the process, or failing all else, replace the cable if necessary. Just a thought. :)

mc2

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Jeff, PAL was set okay and last night I succeeded in getting a new Teac LCD display to show the component signal, but only when audio cables are also plugged in... what's really annoying me is the luma and chroma cables should combine via a connector lead to give me a video S signal - they do on all other component outputs - but not it seems on Apple products - all I get is the double screen (vertically split) in monochrome...the cable was bought specifically for this purpose - not for component which is rarely found on the front connectors of most panels these days...no composite video from the blue (luma) lead either.
Thanks again.

mc2

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
These are Apple cables...the Pinout site shows videoS outputs on the mutli connector but what becomes of them when they go through the break out cable? How else would you get videoS out of an iPhone or Pod?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2