Home sharing ringtones

Spanky

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
I have downloaded some great ringtones via this forum on itunes on my laptop. they appear in the ringtone area just fine. when I turned on the home sharing on my desktop computer, it sent them in the home sharing area as music, not in ringtones. how can I get them to move into my ringtone library so I can sync tehm onto my iphone. another issue is I tried to click on one of the ringtones via the iphone but got the error message that safari cannot download it.

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
That is pretty strange.. make sure the ringtones are m4r files example: ringtone.m4r. Maybe somehow during the homesharing transfer, itunes converted the tones to mp3?
You can do this: since the song/tone is now in your itunes, right-click it and choose create AAC version. Now you have the same song in a different format. Locate that file in your file browser and rename the extension (m4a) to (m4r). Then drag it back to your itunes and it should appear in the ringtones section.
Another way is to download them again with your desktop, but I'm sure you figured that one out already =).

Spanky

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
they were already ringtones. I figured it out last night. All I had to do was drag them to the library and then sync. Voila! Thanks for your response.

Spanky

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
I figured it out last night. All I had to do was drag them to the library and then sync. Voila! Thanks for your response.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen