Ringtone Help

keenan

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a group of ringtones I'm trying to load to my iphone.
Once I load them into itunes and onto the phone, they show up under my iphones ringtones tab but once you unsync the phone only one ringtone is available on the phone as a custom tone. I have a unjailbroke 3g.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Keenan

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
in iTunes, under Ringtones tab, is the "sync all" option selected? if not, make sure you are manually selecting every ringtone you want to load to your iPhone. i was making new ones for myself and adding manually. but i failed to realize that you had to select the ringtone before syncing.

PwettyBird

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Is there a limit on how many ringtones you can have on your iphone?

I am trying to get a certain song on there, but it doesn't want to go on my phone..

I've tried using iringer, but it only gave me a short version of the song, and not the full length.

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
i think there is around a 40 second limit per ringtone. i also made some custom tones and they all show up in the "ringtones" tab in itunes, but only the ones under 40 seconds were synced. not sure if it's exactly 40 seconds, maybe a size limit

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Is there a limit on how many ringtones you can have on your iphone?

I am trying to get a certain song on there, but it doesn't want to go on my phone..

I've tried using iringer, but it only gave me a short version of the song, and not the full length.

not exactly sure why you'd want (or for that fact NEED) a ringtone to last longer than 40 seconds anyway. by then, if you haven't answered the call it would have gone to voicemail.

you can tweak the ringtone using iRinger. it let's you pick the section of the song you want to make into your ringtone. i think it let's you record up to 30 seconds. here's a tutorial for using iRinger: iRinger :: Intro Video.

and as far as a limit to the # of ringtones you can have, i am not sure. i have 16 custom in addition to all the default tones.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2