Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Default Play music on 2nd computer from iphone

Sorry if this has been answered. I tried searching.

I want to play the music stored on my iphone on my computer. It isn't my main computer that I sync with nor do I want to sync to a 2nd computer. I just want to access my music.

FW 2.2.1 jailbroken
    Itunes 8.1

Help me get my tunes to play for me at work!!!

1,287 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,305 Global Posts

It doesn't work? I thought you could plug it in and then play off the device playlist, if not then you are probably out of luck.
    iPhone Newbie

25 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Try some third party iPhone to computer transfer program, like Tansee iPhone Transfer. You can easily get it at gutensoft.com
    But it only offers free trial. You may search more at google.com to see if you can find a free one on this. Good luck!
    Last edited by Jessi; 04-17-2009 at 09:42 AM.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default iTunes Alternatives!

(sorry mtndew but first, as I haven't done it before: Hi everyone!)

iTunes alternatives are the way to go indeed!

I personally use CopyTrans Manager...

This guide will help you out (did for me):

edit: aaaaaarggg, can't post a link hehe
    well then google: "use-iphone-with-itunes-alternative", second result, a blog/howto/guide. Second to last paragraph is exactly what you are looking for.

(sorry if the above is cheating the rules , feel free to bring me back within the boundaries)

Although I am not as sure now... can't you do it with iTunes even if it says the "already synced to another iTunes" thing? You would need to install iTunes ... of course

Hope this helps!