Anyone use an iPod besides the iPhone's ipod?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I use an iPod shuffle because it's hard to change the song on the iPhone when I'm exercising. Plus I wanted an iPod that I can throw around and not worry about it's glass screen getting scratched.

How about you? Do you use an iPod other than the iPhone's built in iPod?

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I use (gasp!!!) a Zune. I LOVE the Zune Pass... I am all about the idea of renting things. I only own a couple of movies as I only watch a movie once (rarely twice) in my lifetime and therefore renting works for me. I am the same way with music... I get into certain bands for awhile and then never want to hear them again. Also, when I get a horribly trendy and catchy song stuck in my head (Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl") I can download it, overplay it until I want to vomit, and then delete it without being charged .99 for a song I don't want to keep for life. When I really love a band/album/etc. I will pay for a CD (I like getting the artwork, etc.) and then rip it onto my Zune.
Also, I love the idea of the Zune Pass because I can be daring and try out a new band I have never heard of without it costing me a dime (just the monthly rental fee for unlimited downloads.)
For me it is about saving money WITH the ability to be adventurous.

Squampton

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
I still use my 3G Nano everyday, mainly to help preserve my iPhone's battery life if I'm gonna be out an about all day long and unable to use my car or wall charger. I've noticed too that sometimes the iPhone iPod's playback gets choppy if you're using a resource intensive App at the same time, so I stick with a dedicated music player.

I also use the Nano for running (Nike+); even if the iPhone supported Nike+ there's no way I'd use it, it's just too big and heavy compared to a Nano.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I used to have an old Nano 2G I used exclusively in the car, but it became a pain to keep updating podcasts on it, so I gave it away.

Now I fly iPhone solo :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I never owned a iPod.... was always against ALL Apple products back then. Things have changed since then but my iPhone's are the only iPods I have.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
No.

Although you bring up a good point about changing songs. It would be nice to be able to select a "classic iPod" interface.

Chris

b96t

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
i've been keepin my 1g nano..cause my girl gave it to me and she'd love to kill me if i just put it on my drawer and never use it, hahaha...

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I use my iPod Classic 160GB for long trips in the car or when I'm going to be out and about all day. I save the iPhone for short trips like to and from work or out with friends.

thirdprize

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I have a 16gb 3G iPhone and an old 80gb iPod. The iPod stays home now with all my music on it while the iPhone gets loaded with a few (16gb) essential tracks for mobile listening. It's gonna be a few more years before iPhones reach the iPods capacity. The bummer is you can swap out the iPods HD but you probably can't on the iPhone.

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Use my old iPod 5G 60GB as a portable hard drive but I just got an iPhone so now I don't know what to do with my 1G Touch. Probably going to give it to my Dad...

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I have music on my iPhone but rarely use it for music. I use my 80GB iPod to power my car stereo and to get me through work.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I have music on my iPhone but rarely use it for music. I use my 80GB iPod to power my car stereo and to get me through work.

When I first got my iPhone 3g 16GB I stuck with my 80GB iPod for a month or so since I have about 36GB of music, but now I rarely use my iPod. I just put on the music I listen to more on my iPhone and it's one less thing to carry around.

Zexel

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
I have an 80GB Classic that stays in my car 24/7 hooked up to my head unit. If I wasn't so obsessed with music, or couldn't afford a head unit with a direct dock connection, I wouldn't have 2 Apple music devices.

nickl

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
I use a 30g Video iPod in the car - always hooked to the stereo (unless I get some new music and need to sync). For running, the shuffle is the only way to go. I have songs on the iPhone but I rarely use it for playing music. However, I have used it to watch a couple of movies while flying. Anyone have their iphone connected to a car stereo when a call comes in? What happens?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2