Make my own ringtones?

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Actually I used a variation of the above process by CrazEtooN. For the 1st 4 steps, I just use my own music, right click and go to Get Info, then Options, and then click a Stop Time that is less than 45 seconds....I usually use 0:30. Then click ok and right click on the music file and choose Create AAC version. From steps 6 on the process is the same as above. Also make sure to go back the music you changed the Stop Time and unselect the stop time you choose....this will bring the stop time back to the original.

Using this method, you don't need to use anyones ringtones, since you can create them from your own music. You also need no software, besides itunes.

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Actually I used a variation of the above process by CrazEtooN. For the 1st 4 steps, I just use my own music, right click and go to Get Info, then Options, and then click a Stop Time that is less than 45 seconds....I usually use 0:30. Then click ok and right click on the music file and choose Create AAC version. From steps 6 on the process is the same as above. Also make sure to go back the music you changed the Stop Time and unselect the stop time you choose....this will bring the stop time back to the original.

Using this method, you don't need to use anyones ringtones, since you can create them from your own music. You also need no software, besides itunes.

This works perfectly. For pc users remember to make sure your file extensions are not hidden.

The_strain

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I have a Mac and have been using:
Rogue Amoeba - Under The Microscope
What I do is fire up Garageband, cut out the clip of a song I want, do any fading in and out then export song (NOT RINGTONE, they sound terrible) to iTunes. Then right click that song and click Convert Selection. After, I locate the converted file drag it in the app and instantly converted and it shows up in the Ringtones section in iTunes.

Hey I just did all that where can I find the ACC version though? Never-mind I found in the root folder for the song.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I can make ringtones from my music library (purchased too) right from Itunes! no extra software to install. It is quite simple. most of the steps are mentioned above but seem to me to be a bit complicated. perhaps because these instructions are for a PC?

if you need clarification or simplification let me know and I will post here. otherwise I feel I am stepping on some toes as I said all the steps have already been mentioned

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I have a Mac and have been using:
Rogue Amoeba - Under The Microscope
What I do is fire up Garageband, cut out the clip of a song I want, do any fading in and out then export song (NOT RINGTONE, they sound terrible) to iTunes. Then right click that song and click Convert Selection. After, I locate the converted file drag it in the app and instantly converted and it shows up in the Ringtones section in iTunes.

Mine don't sound terrible, they sound just fine. Do you have the dB reading to high or low in garageband when you're importing the song? That is what causes the distortion. Lower the master volume and crank up the dBs on the actual track volume and you should be able to import it into iTunes as a ringtone and it will sound just fine.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Is there any way to take a voice memo and use it as a ring tone. My wife has a recording of our Grand Daughter she wants to use.

If you've got the file saved on your computer, I'm sure many of the previously posted methods would work, it just might take a bit of time to get the end result.

Swordfish101

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and the iphone! Just got the new 3GS and I'm loving it!! Althugh I don't like the limitations especially with the ringtones so this thread has been very interesting reading! Thanks to all the poster for their comments and suggestions.

I still have one problem. I can create a ringtone from my Music Library as per the steps listed here by iphone_aggie and CrazEtooN (which were great). The ringtones appear in my Library in the Ringtones folder but not in the Ringtones tab when I connect my iphone. So when I sync they do not appear in my phone. What a bummer!

Does anyone know why this is? I downloade the latest itunes update recently and maybe they closed this loophole?

I am in the UK by the way if that makes any difference.

p.s. I am using a pc (Windows XP) not a mac

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Swordfish, I had the same problem and I'm in the UK and also use a PC. I ended up using Nakko.com which sends the ringtone to the podcasts folder so I can then sync the Nakko podcasts to my iPhone. I think it may be something to do with the fact that we still can't buy ringtones in the UK iTunes store.

JCK1020

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
how i do it

I take the clip I want, it has to be short though, and then click convert to AAC in itunes. Then, you click show in finder. You have to find the AAC, which is a .m4a, and click copy. Paste it, in the same window. Then you click enter on the title, and change the ending to .m4r. then open it, but itunes must be closed before

Thats on a mac

ryrycalguy

Jul 14, 2008
twitter.com
If you use Audacity, you can download the plug-in that let's you directly export the sound clip to a .m4a file. Prior to saving, you can even manually change the extension to .m4r. If you work with your sound clips through Audacity, then that let's you cut out a lot of extra steps.

Jharold

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
best way to create and download iphone ringtones

Hey guys. Just want to say I think this is a great website for the iphone. I have been a lurker for a while now so this is my first post.

Since getting an iphone a year ago I have tried many sites that offer free ringtones for the iphone. Some are confusing and some are deceiving. I never pay for software so that is out of the question and the free trials just dont cut it.

brinked.com has a free flash ringtone maker (brinked.com/create-ringtone.html) that is one of the easiest to use and when you are done, you can download to iphone format (m4r). You do need to register but its very short and it doesnt ask you to verify your email so just put a fake email and then sign in. Don't click send to phone because you dont have to with an iphone plus its an advertisement that will lock you into a subscription.

I have no affiliation with brinked, I am simply recommending them because I tried pretty much every so called ringtone website and this is the one I found the most useful for getting ringtones for my iphone. Their app also has a feature to make ringtones from youtube but I have no use for it and I have not tried it so I cant say for sure if that works.

I hope others find this useful.

Last edited:

Tkvang

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Re:

I think audiko.net is better because it will also allow you to upload via url. Also, if free is the case for you, just use itunes. Heres a link to the CNET video tutorial download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-10056954-12.html

Jharold

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
yeah audiko is nice as well. I see they also have the youtube feature like brinked. I dont see any point in uploading from a URL, I would probably just rather upload from a youtube video since there is a much wider selection.

brinked and audiko would probably get a slight edge over using itunes because of the option to make ringtones from a youtube video. Nice tutorial though, I have not updated my itunes in months so ill need to get the update to check out that feature.

WesTCoasTMouA

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Go on youtube and type in "how to put ringtones onto iphone" they have some good videos explaining how to do it and their are some pretty easy ones.

Jharold

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
westcoast...yah I think we can all agree audiko, brinked and itunes are probably the best ways to create and get custom ringtones on the iphone. I cant stand watching some of them youtube tutorials, some are very poorly done..but its youtube so...

Fizzles

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Google a sound editor and save your final version as mp3.

Find a free ringtones adder and save the mp3 to your phone as a ringtone

woniutupian

Aug 12, 2009
blog.sina.com.cn
i remenber that a friend had recommend a software that can convert any songs to ringtone for iPhone ,Blackberry ,Zune and many other mobilephones...

just cannot find it from my PC this moment...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711