Make my own ringtones?

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
This is what I used and it works pretty well both for mac and windows. I just bought it today.

Efiko Software: iPhoneRingToneMaker

It's $7.50 and I'm not affiliated with them in anyway shape or form.

Just downloaded and this is the best ringtone program out. Its definitely worth the seen buck investment. The cool thing about it is you dont have to rename anything very very user friendly. I made a ringtone in about a minute no exaggeration.

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
Try iToner- easy and awsome! Free version can get a little anoying but the full is well worth tv price. And it's pretty seamless to use. Just my two cents but paying a few bucks for a quality product seems like a better idea than having to muddle through a bunch of steps to get a ringtone. With this you can create in GarageBand and sync to your phone- or just use whole songs.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I got fed up with waiting for ringtones in the UK store, as I'm on Windows, I couldn't use GarageBand. Then I found a great site, . Not only does it have a lot of ringtones, it also allows you to create your own. It's all set up to work with iTunes and the iPhone, once you've added ringtones to your locker, sync it with iTunes. The files appear as podcasts in iTunes so you need to sync the Nakko podcast with your iPhone - easy and free.

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I use iringer. It's free, only some banner ads to deal with, let's me import a song, cut out what I want and then it sends it to iTunes as a ringtone ready to sync.

I second the use of iRinger. VERY easy to use, and does the work for you by sending it to iTunes. All you gotta do is sync. Has all the features of a paid program but it's FREE. Here's the site:

iRinger :: iPhone Ringtone Factory

xloc

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
I've had my phone for two weeks and wanted to make ringtones from my mp3 collection. Windows XP user. I was a newb using itunes and the iphone but have a good knowledge of Windows.

Totally free. Download and install Audacity 1.3.6. Sourceforge. Google it!

Once program is installed.

Select ... Edit... Preferences... Import/Export...

Select "Download" FFmpeg library.

Follow the excellent instructions.

This gives you the option to export anything as a .m4a file.

Once you are setup open your mp3 file. Trim and edit your file as desired.

Select Export. Name your file and select save as type. "m4a"

I created a folder called "Ringtones" on my PC to store these. Once you have saved your ringtone browse to the folder. Rename the extension on your saved ringtone from "m4a" to "m4r". Start iTunes and drag and drop the ringtone with the m4r extension to your ringtones on iTunes. Sync and the ringtone should be available on your phone. Ensure under you sync settings that all is selected for ringtones.

There is a mac version of audacity so hopefully that should work about the same. Can't say since I don't have a mac.

Needless to say using Audacity you are not limited to mp3 files. You could easily use almost any audio file you find or even create to make a ringtone. I like that freedom.

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
FREE solution. I can't remember where I got this info, but I've tried it and it works for me with iTunes 7.7 and my iPhone 3G
------------------------

1. First get the song you want to make the ringtone from.
2. Open it with quicktime pro (or any other editor)
3. Cust out the section you want as the ringtone and save it as a new mp3.
4. Import it into iTunes
5. in iTunes go into
Preferences > Advanced > Importing

Set to Import using: AAC encoder 128Kbps

6. Right click on the file you want as a ringtone and select

Convert selection to AAC
Your file will now be converted to an AAC file. (appears in iTunes under your original file)

7. Right click on the new file, click on show in finder (or open folder on windows)
8. You will now see your AAC file, all you have to do now is change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r
9. Drag the file out of the folder to the desktop, then drop it back into itunes.

I know this is a really old post but I had a question...how exactly do you change the file extention? I got all the way down to that step and I'm having trouble with it.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I didn't read every page, but Audiko.net is a good one. Has ringtones on the page and a ringtone maker.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is what I used and it works pretty well both for mac and windows. I just bought it today.

Efiko Software: iPhoneRingToneMaker

It's $7.50 and I'm not affiliated with them in anyway shape or form.

I vouch for this awesome program. Works flawlessly.

As far as the free programs online, can you guarantee the service will always be offered free and work correctly?

+10038493487893748230928093 :rolleyes:

MissFido

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
and are all these programs compatible with purchased music from itunes? some of the above instructions specify mp3 files. i'm looking for something that will convert my protected songs into short clips i can set my ringtones as. i don't want to spend money on a program that will end up being useless to me! thanks!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
and are all these programs compatible with purchased music from itunes? some of the above instructions specify mp3 files. i'm looking for something that will convert my protected songs into short clips i can set my ringtones as. i don't want to spend money on a program that will end up being useless to me! thanks!

I have not tried any of my purchased music, but my guess is that they will not work. And Audiko is a free service, so give it a shot and see if it works.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

With protected music it will not work and there really is no way around it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711