DVD To iPhone?

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I apologize in advanced if there is any thread that answers this question but what would be the best software to turn your DVD into something for itunes/iphone? I'm already aware of handbrake but I would like to know if anyone knows anything superior. I've tried the trial version of the PQ DVD for my classic and really like the technology of actually seeing what your copying and dont mind the 30 bucks if it's good.

Anybody think they can give some good advice to the best software or a good opinion of PQ DVD?

mudcat430

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
In my experience there's truly no point in paying for a DVD-->iPod/iPhone conversion app. Handbrake does the job beautifully and for free. What else could you ask for?

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I have CuCuSoft but about 4 months ago it stopped working and I've tried email support to no avail. Thanks for the info on Handbrake. I'll give those guys a try.

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I appreciate your opinion and quick response mudcat430 and will take into consideration but by your experience do you mean you have tried PQ DVD for the ipod/iphone? I would like to see what someone would say who has done both.I remember trying to do it once and it said the DVD would not allow it. I'll try it again as free and amazing does sound good.

And AZMerf I'm glad I could help you.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I apologize in advanced if there is any thread that answers this question but what would be the best software to turn your DVD into something for itunes/iphone? I'm already aware of handbrake but I would like to know if anyone knows anything superior. I've tried the trial version of the PQ DVD for my classic and really like the technology of actually seeing what your copying and dont mind the 30 bucks if it's good.

Anybody think they can give some good advice to the best software or a good opinion of PQ DVD?

Here is a good article:
The Complete Guide to iPod, iPhone and Apple TV Video Conversion (Windows) | iLounge Article

I use http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPhone/

I also use http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en/fairuse_wizard_dvd_divx_xvid_backup_tool_light_edition.html

Last edited:

bomba

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
i would just recommend handbreak, works great for me :) however if you already have the video file on your computer and are a mac user i would recommend iSquint, its free and it works :)

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Alright... I know its not really the right place, but...

Handbrake- my mac buddy introduced it to me. Works great on a mac, however no matter what PC I install it on, I'm lucky if it'll even see a DVD. What gives? Anyone know?

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i didn't even know they made a handbrake for PC, i'm sure the PC version is very very 1st gen... the mac version has many many revisions..

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
If you have access to a Mac don't waste your time with anything else - get Handbrake and build your library.

Wish I did. It was a school computer that was pretty much mine for the time I was there, seeing as I also worked int he technology department. =P

Did you install DVD43 first?

ETA: This may be helpful (as it is to me) I am ripping my first DVD right now (it's 15% complete) so I am not sure of the outcome but I got this far!
WindowsGuiGuide - HandBrake - Trac

That would've helped if they had like...actually mentioned it somewhere like on the download page or homepage perhaps. Thanks though, I'll try that out.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Just got home and my movie is done and runs perfectly on my computer... sound and everything.
Seeing if it runs on my iPhone... I'll have to wait until the 17th.

gadgetluva

Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
Most of my vids are in divx/xvid format on my PC/External HDDs. Planning on ripping some of my favorites to iPhone friendly format - trying out Videora now...

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Thank for all the reply's to the topic and I hope to get more information when the iphone 3G is out.It really should be easy to put a DVD you already bought in your ipod then buy it from itunes.

And I wish I had a Mac, but only have a PC and not sure exactly what's best for me.