What is the Q&A Team?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
As you may know, we have a 'live help' section here on iMore. This has quickly become one of the most popular features of the site, and is powered by our forums. It allows guests to easily submit their questions to our community for a speedy and accurate response.

Due to the number of questions we get on a daily basis, we've put together a team of highly motivated, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable members to provide help and answers to these questions ASAP. We're all about finding the help and ANSWERS you need... That's what the Q&A team is all about!

Who is on the Q&A Team?

Q&A Team Leader: @pkcable

Q&A Team Members:

• Ledsteplin
  • Just_Me_D
  • the tall guy
  • belodion
  • mstrblueskys
  • Jaydee5799
  • Dunt Dunt Dunt
  • Chintan Gohel
  • Charlatan1978
  • Ven07
  • Ipheuria
  • freeyo
  • tony bag o donuts
  • goku_vegeta
  • SleepytheDon
  • jevalladares
  • jfa1
  • bcbbanga4l
  • tech_head
  • Coffee-turtle
  • John_v
  • lodingi
  • Tim1954
  • hallux
  • quis89
  • Mainely_Linux
  • Rico4You
  • faisalbaba
  • ads13
  • G_Unit MVP
  • Josiah23
  • deremi
  • X1tymez
  • twitchypuppy
  • bmhillegass87

If you're interested in becoming a Q&A team member, please see our volunteer application thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've had a couple of those mentioned above reply to a thread I was in and they have been extremely helpful.

GJNilsen

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
A lot of so called "ambassadors" are giving comletely moronic advice in the forums. You, Mobile Nations / iMore, should vet your ambassadors, because now its really bad. Just check the advice given in these posts:
https://forums.imore.com/ask-questi...help-restrictions-ios-10-3-a.html#post2976115

https://forums.imore.com/ask-questi...-appear-my-applications-list.html#post2976116

https://forums.imore.com/ask-question/392585-why-cant-i-download-game-app-store.html#post2976097

And that where just the "advice" given today. This makes you look like a kindergarten level website.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A lot of so called "ambassadors" are giving comletely moronic advice in the forums. You, Mobile Nations / iMore, should vet your ambassadors, because now its really bad. Just check the advice given in these posts:
https://forums.imore.com/ask-questi...help-restrictions-ios-10-3-a.html#post2976115

https://forums.imore.com/ask-questi...-appear-my-applications-list.html#post2976116

https://forums.imore.com/ask-question/392585-why-cant-i-download-game-app-store.html#post2976097

And that where just the "advice" given today. This makes you look like a kindergarten level website.

Everyone may not be as smart as you think you are, and that’s okay. What those ambassadors do possess, you appear to lack and that’s decency. If it’s your intent to join iMore and become an arrogant irritant, please leave. Having said that, we would prefer that you stay and respect not only our members, but those who do their best to help those members even if it’s not up your standards. Thank you.

GJNilsen

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Im getting really annoyed when totally incompetent pepole are given the responsibility to aid users with less knowledge. Not everyone can be experts on the different devices. The team leaders should at least have SOME requirements and setting standards at a level that at least makes the team capable of giving CORRECT advice. If you really have problems taking critique, then that is not my problem. You have a quality problem on your hands, I just made you attent on it.
Regarding "decency", really? Thats the most moronic statement Ive ever heard. This is the real world, and if precious little snow flakes are hurt, well, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
Regarding "joining iMore". I used to hang out here years ago, I actually signed up for commenting in 2013. After some time, iMore just dissapeared of my daily beat. The reason for that was because of the total lack of competence. Now I came back because I hoped there would be changes. Sadly, I see there has not been any changes to the better since last time.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for pointing out our deficiencies. That’s very kind of you. Hopefully, we’ll meet you standards one day. As for you hanging out here a while back, I figured as much, but hey, it is what it is. Anyway, you’re welcomed to hang out and be helpful. If not, so be it. Take care..

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
What is the Q&A Team?

Regarding "decency", really? Thats the most moronic statement Ive ever heard. This is the real world, and if precious little snow flakes are hurt, well, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Decency and not being an *** is not moronic. No one wants an environment where everyone is ******** and sniping at one another.
Your snowflake comment sounds like our spend too much time in the political forums. Maybe check back in in four or five years and maybe the forum will be up to your standards!
See ya!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: What is the Q&A Team?

Decency and not being an *** is not moronic. No one wants an environment where everyone is ******** and sniping at one another.
Your snowflake comment sounds like our spend too much time in the political forums. Maybe check back in in four or five years and maybe the forum will be up to your standards!
See ya!

Let's not use inappropriate words

GJNilsen

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

See ya!

So this is bandcamp where we sit round the bonfire singing Kumbaya? Grow up.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

No, but we're not rude to one another. There's no call to be ugly and rude. If you have a different idea to solve an issue, then post it. Simple. No need to berate someone else's post. That only makes one look foolish and immature.

GJNilsen

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

No, but we're not rude to one another. There's no call to be ugly and rude. If you have a different idea to solve an issue, then post it. Simple. No need to berate someone else's post. That only makes one look foolish and immature.
I dont care whatever you guys call me or not, it does not affect me a bit, but the snowflakes here should take a ******* look in the mirror.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I agree with @Ledsteplin.
Advice on this forum is given by anyone with experience about the matter.
If we don’t have experience, we use our knowledge about iOS and Apple in general to help out as convenient and well as possible.
Sometimes we are wrong, sometimes we aren’t.
It’s like we’re almost normal human beings

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder...

Respectful debate is encouraged on this forum but belligerence and name calling are not and will result in infractions on your account.

Community Rules & Guidelines

Let’s turn this around and be kind to one another. If you don’t like this forum there are plenty of others to choose from.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

iMore is a place where people can come and post about whatever the topic is and not have to worry about being attacked. If that's how you want to treat people, I'd suggest Reddit or MR.

If you have thoughts on how the Q&A team or Ambassadors are answering questions, we're all ears. I'd also suggest spending time in the forums and answering questions yourself, especially if you feel you have something to add. I think you'll find (because we work hard to keep it free of riffraff) it's a great place to be, not only to share your knowledge but to learn from others as well (ambassador or not).

You're always welcome here, but you've got to tone it down a bit. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711