Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes. It's very accurate for my area. I've also been using it since my Blackberry, Android and now Apple days, probably because I'm a BeWeather Beta tester as well...LOL

I'm using WeatherBug and I like it but I remember BeWeather being very well done. I should have known the accuracy before asking since it gets its data from Weather Underground.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm with you :). I used 44 GB last week lol. HD live streaming eats it up.

By the way did you guys ever see when dpham (mod on my team on AC) and I pushed unlimited back in the day ?

I remember seeing someone push over 1TB but I'm unsure who that was at this point. Probably dpham

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
That's wifi, right? I know my Comcast limit is 1024 gb for wifi. But we only use about 45 gb or so.

Anything I use through them but yes it's WiFi, hard wired... it's cable internet. They imposed a limit which I am generally fine with it but I don't believe for the cost there should be one.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This...
200f9cc94bc4425edf6db806ecd26136.jpg

Stupid commercial, but it makes me remember it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anything I use through them but yes it's WiFi, hard wired... it's cable internet. They imposed a limit which I am generally fine with it but I don't believe for the cost there should be one.

There shouldn't be. Most Comcast customers would never reach 1024 gb anyway. Especially if they have unlimited cellular on mobile.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There shouldn't be. Most Comcast customers would never reach 1024 gb anyway. Especially if they have unlimited cellular on mobile.
Yeah there definitely shouldn't be. Most don't hit it but some do due to multiple family members all streaming.

With my AT&T Fiber they give unlimited data for free which is nice.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah there definitely shouldn't be. Most don't hit it but some do due to multiple family members all streaming.

With my AT&T Fiber they give unlimited data for free which is nice.

You'd think so but I come close. I use WiFi at home on my phone and laptop. My family also uses it to stream Netflix. Plus, I buy all of my games digitally so you figure that's now approximately 40 GB per game plus any necessary updates. It goes a lot quicker in today's digital world. I generally stay just under though but I do have to say Comcast should be offering any customer that has both internet and cable television unlimited data. It's just another decision that makes Comcast look worse - caps with ridiculously high prices.

No big deal though... MetroNet is now running wire in my neighborhood and they're 1Gbps internet with no cap instead of Comcast 105Mbps with a 1TB cap. Gotta love full fiber competition.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You'd think so but I come close. I use WiFi at home on my phone and laptop. My family also uses it to stream Netflix. Plus, I buy all of my games digitally so you figure that's now approximately 40 GB per game plus any necessary updates. It goes a lot quicker in today's digital world. I generally stay just under though but I do have to say Comcast should be offering any customer that has both internet and cable television unlimited data. It's just another decision that makes Comcast look worse - caps with ridiculously high prices.

No big deal though... MetroNet is now running wire in my neighborhood and they're 1Gbps internet with no cap instead of Comcast 105Mbps with a 1TB cap. Gotta love full fiber competition.

Oh yeah if you have a family or even a few people on the internet I know it is easy to reach. I use around 600 GB or so each month but it really is only me. The GF does get on wifi when home and mainly does Facebook / browsing the web but that is it. She watches TV versus streaming stuff (I have DirecTV satellite) so the internet usage is pretty much me. I am always streaming Twitch and playing games :).

BradKamin

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I have Comcast to with the 150mb download plan and the cap and I never come close. One of the main reasons I haven't switched to unlimited data is because all my phones are on the edge plan I'm sure it would be more expensive. I have 4 phones, and the mobile wifi for my parents and we pay like $315 a month for 32gb.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have Comcast to with the 150mb download plan and the cap and I never come close. One of the main reasons I haven't switched to unlimited data is because all my phones are on the edge plan I'm sure it would be more expensive. I have 4 phones, and the mobile wifi for my parents and we pay like $315 a month for 32gb.

I have Comcast wifi. The 75 gb bundle. Verizon phone service with 3 lines on EDGE, and my 6s Plus still on 2 year contract. Unlimited data. $308 a month.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices