Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm very fortunate to live just outside a city that has great T-Mobile coverage -- all the carriers have good coverage. In fact, in a test done last summer, Verizon actually tested the worst -- I believe they were in the middle of network upgrades at the time, which was causing some issues.

Spencerdl01

Banned
Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm very fortunate to live just outside a city that has great T-Mobile coverage -- all the carriers have good coverage. In fact, in a test done last summer, Verizon actually tested the worst -- I believe they were in the middle of network upgrades at the time, which was causing some issues.

WOAH, Verizon tested the worst...I've never heard that one before. Definitely not an issue in my area of travels.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
WOAH, Verizon tested the worst...I've never heard that one before. Definitely not an issue in my area of travels.

This seems to be a competitive market for all the carriers, which makes me lucky. Most years AT&T is rated the best, which is somewhat ironic since they aren't the best for me -- of course, most of the testing is done in the city. Verizon has been second most years, though T-Mobile has been competitive the last few years. As I said, I believe Verizon was in the process of doing network upgrades last year, which hurt their scores -- I'll be curious to see how the carriers do this year.

To give you an idea of how good we have it here, my first two speedtests with my T-Mobile Unlimited plan -- the first late last night (early this morning), the second at 11:35 am.
1986115036.png

1986681451.png

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. And having a reliable phone is worth more to me. When I made the switch from Sprint to Verizon it was like my eyes were opened LOL.

"Whoa! I can have service here!!!" Haha.

Previously I couldn't even send a text from work. Now I stream like a madman lol.

Yeah that is how I am right now. I had LTE everywhere in town with T-Mobile... Just like I do on Verizon but my eye opener is more on the consistent speed. Some areas with T-Mobile I could get insane speeds and others it would be 5-9 Mbps on LTE. With Verizon so far I am always near 30 and sometimes higher. It just seems very consistent in the strength.

Luckily for me I am paying around $47 a line (I was paying $50 a line on T-Mobile) so the price is pretty much the same and I gained Verizon w/ unlimited. Win win :).

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be a competitive market for all the carriers, which makes me lucky. Most years AT&T is rated the best, which is somewhat ironic since they aren't the best for me -- of course, most of the testing is done in the city. Verizon has been second most years, though T-Mobile has been competitive the last few years. As I said, I believe Verizon was in the process of doing network upgrades last year, which hurt their scores -- I'll be curious to see how the carriers do this year.

To give you an idea of how good we have it here, my first two speedtests with my T-Mobile Unlimited plan -- the first late last night (early this morning), the second at 11:35 am.
http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/1986115036.png
http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/1986681451.png

Sheesh. I'm jealous.

Yeah that is how I am right now. I had LTE everywhere in town with T-Mobile... Just like I do on Verizon but my eye opener is more on the consistent speed. Some areas with T-Mobile I could get insane speeds and others it would be 5-9 Mbps on LTE. With Verizon so far I am always near 30 and sometimes higher. It just seems very consistent in the strength.

Luckily for me I am paying around $47 a line (I was paying $50 a line on T-Mobile) so the price is pretty much the same and I gained Verizon w/ unlimited. Win win :).

I agree. I get consistently great service and that is the most important thing for me. My wife used to complain to me daily about her Sprint coverage. Anyone who is married knows that when the wife is complaining daily...it needs to be fixed like yesterday for the sanity of all parties. Lol.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I wish T Mobile was as strong in my areas. I'd probably switch in a heart beat. Can't beat that price. Their inclusion of the taxes and fees into the quoted price really is a game changer. That $20 in savings for some plans can go a long way and be a real decision maker.

Agreed. They do well here in DC but there are areas we go that I'd be afraid to have it as my only option as I'm not sure how well it would work.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
So, just an update for those interested. I went online to pay my bill and noticed that the XL and XXL Verizon plans are now gone. Lol I'm on the XXL plan so I contacted Verizon via Twitter to find out the status on those.

The older tiers are grandfathered and no longer publicized, as the unlimited plan has taken their place. Right now the older tiers are still available through customer service, but that may change at any time.

Just something to think about if you plan on switching to Unlimited and then decide to switch back.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So, just an update for those interested. I went online to pay my bill and noticed that the XL and XXL Verizon plans are now gone. Lol I'm on the XXL plan so I contacted Verizon via Twitter to find out the status on those.

Just something to think about if you plan on switching to Unlimited and then decide to switch back.

I would like to hope they would allow corporate discounts on the unlimited plan before they get rid of those plan options. For some, the XL would probably work better and be cheaper with discounts.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I just found out today that I can convert our corporate plan to unlimited data. Per line, the monthly fee comes out to $51 per line for smartphones. Yes, there are other metrics to the equation, but each line will average $51 a month. That's not a bad deal for unlimited data.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I just found out today that I can convert our corporate plan to unlimited data. Per line, the monthly fee comes out to $51 per line for smartphones. Yes, there are other metrics to the equation, but each line will average $51 a month. That's not a bad deal for unlimited data.

Not at all. That a business account?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh