Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree355Likes
    iMore Expert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

So this plan is not worth it for me. It's a tier device add on basically. No employment discounts can be applied to this data plan. For my phone and device (tablet) the data plan goes from 65 to 110.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,292 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

I have 6 lines. My break down was $110 line access and $20 per phone. Works for me. $230 per moth for unlimited data for 6 phones I'll take it. Also includes 10GB tethering per line. That is before taxes.
    Last edited by zerog46; 02-14-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    kazp3r17 and nikkisharif like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

Yeah the no employment discounts is a killer right there.. until those would apply I can't even think about switching to something like this.. but I have found with rollover.. I don't even use what I had.. and I held onto my 80.00 w/ discount unlimited data plan for a long long time (even after it was no longer offered).
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

So, did the math on my plan. Right now, XL plan (16 GB) for two lines and an iPad, $132.80 ($82.80 for the data, $20 x 2 for phone lines, $10 for my iPad). Unlimited would be $160 per month, so since I never have overages, not a good deal for me.

Now, if I was Blaine...
    blaine07 and ladyc0524 like this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,677 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just went through the process to change from my 16gb family plan to the unlimited and my bill goes up about $10. I didn't complete the process as I want to read up on it to make sure I am not missing anything. We have not had any issues with going over between the 16gb plan and the 4gb bonus we get plus the carryover. I do monitor my kids pretty close though so it would be nice to not have to worry about them having a usage spike. I will have to read up and think about it. I don't know how much my personal habits would change. I am on wifi almost everywhere I go.
    ladyc0524 and TwitchyPuppy like this.

Global Posts
    28,490 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    I just went through the process to change from my 16gb family plan to the unlimited and my bill goes up about $10. I didn't complete the process as I want to read up on it to make sure I am not missing anything. We have not had any issues with going over between the 16gb plan and the 4gb bonus we get plus the carryover. I do monitor my kids pretty close though so it would be nice to not have to worry about them having a usage spike. I will have to read up and think about it. I don't know how much my personal habits would change. I am on wifi almost everywhere I go.
    Since I switched to auto pay, my bill remains exactly the same. Had I not switched to auto pay, it would have gone up $10.
    cwbcpa and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't switch to autopay or anything, but my moms work discount makes this a $30 jump a month. I'm going to monitor for another month or so, watch the data usage. As much as my sister and parents burn through data...ugh. Having the work discount would make this a no decision switch.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,677 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Since I switched to auto pay, my bill remains exactly the same. Had I not switched to auto pay, it would have gone up $10.
    Thank you. I don't think I factored that in. Might not cost me anything then. I appreciate you pointing that out.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #109  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,321 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bill would have jumped....quite a bit for a single person on their own line with a tablet. Oh well. I'm staying put

Global Posts
    28,490 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nnahorski View Post
    So, did the math on my plan. Right now, XL plan (16 GB) for two lines and an iPad, $132.80 ($82.80 for the data, $20 x 2 for phone lines, $10 for my iPad). Unlimited would be $160 per month, so since I never have overages, not a good deal for me.

Now, if I was Blaine...
    You should call Verizon and see how it would be.
    DarlaMack likes this.

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly to me this seems to only really benefit single plan accounts. Lol I have 5 lines and currently on the XXL plan with my 19% employee discount and 2gb promo per line per month. I'd lose the employee discount and promo data.
    kazp3r17 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    You should call Verizon and see how it would be.
    I took my numbers are directly from Verizon's website, through their plan change system where it shows a summary of the current plan next to the summary of the plan changes and charges moving forward.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #113  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,321 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found out from my friend who is a rep and manager of a corporate store that you can still get the 15% military discount on the unlimited plans. I wish I had my military discount hooked up to my plan so I could get a better look at it.

I have a 22% discount through work, it'd be hard to want to change it up, especially with rollover and bonus data I got for the Note 7 fiasco.
    kazp3r17 likes this.
    iMore Expert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarlaMack View Post
    Honestly to me this seems to only really benefit single plan accounts. Lol I have 5 lines and currently on the XXL plan with my 19% employee discount and 2gb promo per line per month. I'd lose the employee discount and promo data.
    Same here I have a family that was gonna switch to it and paid alot more in the long run. Currently they have 30 gigs a month and paying around 120
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not going to work for me either. I have five lines and a tablet, we're on 10gb, with only $15 line access fee rather than 20. Without my discount my bill would go up $70/mo. Since we're all on Wifi most of the time we very rarely go over.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #116  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,321 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a definite confirmation on the military discount. I'll see if that changes the pricing for me at all. I'll keep y'all posted.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,012 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    No corporate discount on the unlimited plan
    Quote Originally Posted by MizWylie View Post
    Says?
    Got a definite confirmation on the military discount. I'll see if that changes the pricing for me at all. I'll keep y'all posted.
    I have a corporate discount of 25% and when I was going to switch plans they made it clear to me that the discount wouldn't apply like post #101 shows in this thread.

I'm wiling to bet they'll honor the military discount though.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #118  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,321 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingKayfabe View Post
    I have a corporate discount of 25% and when I was going to switch plans they made it clear to me that the discount wouldn't apply like post #101 shows in this thread.

I'm wiling to bet they'll honor the military discount though.
    Yep! I changed my plan! My bill went up $1.00 after I applied my military discount and opted into Auto Pay
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep! I changed my plan! My bill went up $1.00 after I applied my military discount and opted into Auto Pay
    How does the military discount work? Is it just on the $65 plan cost, or does it apply to the line fee, as well. From what I can see, the discount is between $10 and $13 per month, is that about right?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,012 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    How does the military discount work? Is it just on the $65 plan cost, or does it apply to the line fee, as well. From what I can see, the discount is between $10 and $13 per month, is that about right?
    The discount applies to the largest segment of whatever plan you're on. So she's getting the $65 plan for $50.70+ the line access fee.

Edit: Actually the military discount plan is 15% so $55.25
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,012 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad they still honor it for you. You deserve it.
    nnahorski likes this.
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #122  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,321 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingKayfabe View Post
    The discount applies to the largest segment of whatever plan you're on. So she's getting the $65 plan for $50.70+ the line access fee.

Edit: Actually the military discount plan is 15% so $55.25
    Yep. Unless I sign up for Auto Pay then it would be $50ish. I signed up for Auto Pay just now because I didn't know you could select what day you want them to take it. In the old days Auto Pay took it whenever they felt like it so I turned it off.

I was more excited about Auto Pay then getting a new plan because it's one less worry.
    cwbcpa and blaine07 like this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    5,541 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Unless I sign up for Auto Pay then it would be $50ish. I signed up for Auto Pay just now because I didn't know you could select what day you want them to take it. In the old days Auto Pay took it whenever they felt like it so I turned it off.

I was more excited about Auto Pay then getting a new plan because it's one less worry.
    Unless there is no money in that account on the day they decide to take it. I don't like companies dipping into my account at their leisure.
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #124  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,321 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    Unless there is no money in that account on the day they decide to take it. I don't like companies dipping into my account at their leisure.
    I don't grasp the concept of not having money in an account. Blows my mind.

Global Posts
    28,490 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    You get to choose the day it's paid. Make it the day after payday.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast