Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 338
Like Tree355Likes
  1. #26  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    842 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    I'm going to need a 12 digit calculator.
    Lmao
  2. #27  
    nnahorski's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaine07 View Post
    Remember what I said above. I have original unlimited data, hotspot, insurance and DPP and my bill is $240 a month so even $150 is a good deal
    Yowza! Do you use enough data to justify that? I use about 8 to 10 GB per month because of work, but my wife is on wifi all the time. Together we're about 12 gigs per month.
    blaine07 likes this.
  3. #28  
    blaine07's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by nnahorski View Post
    Yowza! Do you use enough data to justify that? I use about 8 to 10 GB per month because of work, but my wife is on wifi all the time. Together we're about 12 gigs per month.
    I've used 70 before. Usually use between 35-50gb did get faster internet at home so I think last month was a all time low of 33gb I want to say
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
  4. #29  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    842 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaine07 View Post
    I've used 70 before. Usually use between 35-50gb did get faster internet at home so I think last month was a all time low of 33gb I want to say
    But is that just you using it or other lines as well
  5. #30  
    blaine07's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by kazp3r17 View Post
    But is that just you using it or other lines as well
    I have a single line plan.
  6. #31  
    blaine07's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?





    Plus unlimited hotspot and phone insurance and device payment plan and taxes etc so yea

    This could be a good deal 🤷🏼*♂️
  7. #32  
    nnahorski's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaine07 View Post
    I've used 70 before. Usually use between 35-50gb did get faster internet at home so I think last month was a all time low of 33gb I want to say
    Just curious, but what do you do to use all that data? I'm on wifi nearly all the time except when I'm out of the office a couple of days a week, and that's when my data usage occurs.
  8. #33  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    842 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaine07 View Post
    I have a single line plan.
    Oh ok, I'm just trying figure out how your using that much if you have wifi at home lol.
    blaine07 likes this.
  9. #34  
    pr1nce's Avatar


    Posts
    20,771 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,433 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    I'm staying where I'm at. This has been a really light month on data. With my son and daughter we usually use much more data, 12-16GB. I have 6 days left in my cycle and we haven't used all the bonus data yet.
    blaine07 likes this.
  10. #35  
    blaine07's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by nnahorski View Post
    Just curious, but what do you do to use all that data? I'm on wifi nearly all the time except when I'm out of the office a couple of days a week, and that's when my data usage occurs.
    I'm using it very carefully. Haha. And tether my IPP or kids iPads on car trips... anything I come across. We have wifi at work; it's slow and I don't deal with it well so kids iPad and Netflix use some. Culmination of stuff uses that much. It's not on purpose.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
  11. #36  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,950 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by nnahorski View Post
    Hmmm... details are a bit scarce on the VZW website. $80 plus line access fee of $20 plus a device payment on top of that (for some) or Apple for their program? That could be almost $150 PER LINE That's getting into mortgage territory...
    Huh...T-Mobile is roughly $80 a month for three lines and that's including insurance and phone payments. I want to say it's $40 a month for four lines, that's before phone payments and insurance though.
  12. #37  
    nnahorski's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaine07 View Post
    I'm using it very carefully. Haha. And tether my IPP or kids iPads on car trips... anything I come across. We have wifi at work; it's slow and I don't deal with it well so kids iPad and Netflix use some. Culmination of stuff uses that much. It's not on purpose.
    Lol ok that makes total sense. And hopefully you know I wasn't trying to judge or data shame. I was honestly curious. The tethering on car trips would be nice. I've lied to my kids and said my phone wi t tether
    blaine07 likes this.
  13. #38  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    842 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaine07 View Post
    I'm using it very carefully. Haha. And tether my IPP or kids iPads on car trips... anything I come across. We have wifi at work; it's slow and I don't deal with it well so kids iPad and Netflix use some. Culmination of stuff uses that much. It's not on purpose.
    Makes since if your streaming movies and tv shows heavily . What I have now gets me through the month. But like you said you like the fast speeds. So even though it's more cost efficient you'll lose your speed after the alleged cap. Just another win/loss situation.
    blaine07 likes this.
  14. #39  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,950 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Unlimited data should just always be a given, if I actually lived in my apartment I wouldn't need it though. Google Fiber FTW! Since I basically live out of hotels and the ones we've been staying at have horrendous wifi, I go through 35-50GB a month. The question is whether or not Verizon is a viable option when you have Sprint trying to play catch-up, and T-Mobile offering weekly freebies.
    blaine07 and ladyc0524 like this.
  15. #40  
    blaine07's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    Unlimited data should just always be a given, if I actually lived in my apartment I wouldn't need it though. Google Fiber FTW! Since I basically live out of hotels and the ones we've been staying at have horrendous wifi, I go through 35-50GB a month. The question is whether or not Verizon is a viable option when you have Sprint trying to play catch-up, and T-Mobile offering weekly freebies.
    No freebie is worth my phone not working when where I need it to.
  16. #41  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,950 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaine07 View Post
    No freebie is worth my phone not working when where I need it to.
    I haven't been to OK since being back on T-Mobile that was actually one of my big concerns before switching back. I've done some work in Pryor, and I would have needed my phone to work there. I haven't had any issues with connection, even driving through northern MO and southern IA which is nothing but farms and towns of maybe 500 people.
    blaine07 likes this.
  17. #42  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,950 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Wait, actually my signal goes to crap in LAX for some reason. It's fine on the plane at the terminal, crap inside, I don't get it.
  18. #43  
    blaine07's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    Wait, actually my signal goes to crap in LAX for some reason. It's fine on the plane at the terminal, crap inside, I don't get it.
    Metal deflects signal?
  19. #44  
    blaine07's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by nnahorski View Post
    Lol ok that makes total sense. And hopefully you know I wasn't trying to judge or data shame. I was honestly curious. The tethering on car trips would be nice. I've lied to my kids and said my phone wi t tether
    Oh I know man. Kids having internet for iPads works quite nice. If only they were responsible enough for AirPods.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
  20. #45  
    nikkisharif's Avatar

    Posts
    4,865 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,940 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Some people are never satisfied lol...if it's too much for you don't get it. I'm super excited about it!! I refuse to leave Verizon until everyone else catches up. I travel far to much for spotty coverage. Plus I get a nice little discount for having FiOS too so I'm content with them
  21. #46  
    felloffthetruck's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,541 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    So it's actually $125.00 a month ($80. + $45. line access) ?
  22. #47  
    blaine07's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    So it's actually $125.00 a month ($80. + $45. line access) ?
    No $80 plus tax?
  23. #48  
    felloffthetruck's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,541 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by blaine07 View Post
    No $80 plus tax?
    No line access fee?
  24. #49  
    blaine07's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,301 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    No line access fee?
    Not how I read it??
  25. #50  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,950 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Verizon Brings Back Unlimited Data, what are you going to do with it all?

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkisharif View Post
    Some people are never satisfied lol...if it's too much for you don't get it. I'm super excited about it!! I refuse to leave Verizon until everyone else catches up. I travel far to much for spotty coverage. Plus I get a nice little discount for having FiOS too so I'm content with them
    AT&T and Verizon are neck and neck, one does better in the country and the other better in the city, I can't remember which. T-Mobile is breathing down their necks too, I work in some out of the way places and haven't had an issue with T-Mobile. Sprint is the only one lagging having to fix their WiMAX hiccup.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How's the Pokémon Go Valentines Event going for you?
    By Rene Ritchie in forum Pokemon Go
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2017, 01:49 AM
  2. Ipod or iphone 7plus to store my music
    By AndiEd in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-15-2017, 01:50 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2017, 07:38 PM
  4. Verizon reveals new unlimited data plan
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2017, 05:40 PM
  5. Why am I unable to sign out from my iCloud account?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2017, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions