Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By robertk328
  • 2 Post By taeisme
  • 1 Post By StayClassy101
  • 2 Post By robertk328
  • 1 Post By robertk328
  • 5 Post By nikkisharif
  • 2 Post By robertk328
  • 1 Post By nikkisharif
  • 1 Post By Spencerdl
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default Upgrade question

Hey guys I have a couple of questions. I was wondering does verizon release the iPhone the same day as Apple or does apple releases it before everyone else?. I'm due for upgrade and I'm trying to weight options. I don't know whether to get the iPhone from the apple store or verizon. Any pro or cons to choosing one of them. Thanks hope everyone day is going fantastic!

Default Re: Upgrade question

It should be out the same day
    thatgrayboi likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Thanks Rob, so you think I should just just preorder with verizon instead?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts

Sure but keep in mind that you might not get the phone same day unless the allow the pick up in store option.
    thatgrayboi and libra89 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts

It gets released same day. However, that's oversimplified a bit. You have a couple of variables to take into consideration such as variant(color-memory), the store itself(whether its corporate) will receive a decent amount in their specific shipment, and whether you pre-order it(not sure if you can with a upgrade- don't know how that works).
    thatgrayboi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blasiam_615 View Post
    Thanks Rob, so you think I should just just preorder with verizon instead?
    You probably have a better chance at getting it release day with Apple. I'd go that route.

You can also use Apple's upgrade program if you want.
    thatgrayboi and DarlaMack like this.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    You probably have a better chance at getting it release day with Apple. I'd go that route.

You can also use Apple's upgrade program if you want.
    how does that process work sir

how does that process work sir
    Easy! More info here:

http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

You basically make installment (0% interest) on the phone and can trade it in or pay it off.
    thatgrayboi likes this.

Default Upgrade question

They release it the same day but get it from Apple!!!! I usually get my phones from Apple but decided to go with Verizon last year for the s & it was a disaster. I ordered 2 devices, the 6s & the 6s plus. Verizon didn't tell me until the day of release they didn't have the Plus and they only told me that much because I was livid. I ended up going to Apple to get the plus a few days later when stock was back up. I've learned my lesson and will never go through Verizon again. They did, however, give me a $200 credit for the inconvenience which was nice but never again will I buy a phone from them.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkisharif View Post
    They release it the same day but get it from Apple!!!! I usually get my phones from Apple but decided to go with Verizon last year for the s & it was a disaster. I ordered 2 devices, the 6s & the 6s plus. Verizon didn't tell me until the day of release they didn't have the Plus and they only told me that much because I was livid. I ended up going to Apple to get the plus a few days later when stock was back up. I've learned my lesson and will never go through Verizon again. They did, however, give me a $200 credit for the inconvenience which was nice but never again will I buy a phone from them.
    That's why I mentioned getting it from Apple. They have a better handle on what they have of each model than the carriers have of what they'll get for each model.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

OK thank you for you guys replies and experiences. I definitely will go to Apple.. Is it better to go online with to do it or wait in line at the store??

OK thank you for you guys replies and experiences. I definitely will go to Apple.. Is it better to go online with to do it or wait in line at the store??
    Whatever you prefer. I order online for in store pick up. I'd get way too anxious waiting on delivery lol.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,627 Global Posts

Whatever you prefer. I order online for in store pick up. I'd get way too anxious waiting on delivery lol.
    I do the same for the same reason.

EXACTLY this. The same thing happened to me and I was highly disappointed. Ended up getting my 6s Plus from Apple a week later. I will never go through Verizon again. If it wasn't for their excellent coverage in my rural area, I would have gone to another carrier.
    DarlaMack likes this.