Upgrade question

thatgrayboi

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I have a couple of questions. I was wondering does verizon release the iPhone the same day as Apple or does apple releases it before everyone else?. I'm due for upgrade and I'm trying to weight options. I don't know whether to get the iPhone from the apple store or verizon. Any pro or cons to choosing one of them. Thanks hope everyone day is going fantastic!

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Sure but keep in mind that you might not get the phone same day unless the allow the pick up in store option.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It gets released same day. However, that's oversimplified a bit. You have a couple of variables to take into consideration such as variant(color-memory), the store itself(whether its corporate) will receive a decent amount in their specific shipment, and whether you pre-order it(not sure if you can with a upgrade- don't know how that works).

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
They release it the same day but get it from Apple!!!! I usually get my phones from Apple but decided to go with Verizon last year for the s & it was a disaster. I ordered 2 devices, the 6s & the 6s plus. Verizon didn't tell me until the day of release they didn't have the Plus and they only told me that much because I was livid. I ended up going to Apple to get the plus a few days later when stock was back up. I've learned my lesson and will never go through Verizon again. They did, however, give me a $200 credit for the inconvenience which was nice but never again will I buy a phone from them.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
They release it the same day but get it from Apple!!!! I usually get my phones from Apple but decided to go with Verizon last year for the s & it was a disaster. I ordered 2 devices, the 6s & the 6s plus. Verizon didn't tell me until the day of release they didn't have the Plus and they only told me that much because I was livid. I ended up going to Apple to get the plus a few days later when stock was back up. I've learned my lesson and will never go through Verizon again. They did, however, give me a $200 credit for the inconvenience which was nice but never again will I buy a phone from them.

That's why I mentioned getting it from Apple. They have a better handle on what they have of each model than the carriers have of what they'll get for each model.

thatgrayboi

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
OK thank you for you guys replies and experiences. I definitely will go to Apple.. Is it better to go online with to do it or wait in line at the store??

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

EXACTLY this. The same thing happened to me and I was highly disappointed. Ended up getting my 6s Plus from Apple a week later. I will never go through Verizon again. If it wasn't for their excellent coverage in my rural area, I would have gone to another carrier.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner