Hey guys I have a couple of questions. I was wondering does verizon release the iPhone the same day as Apple or does apple releases it before everyone else?. I'm due for upgrade and I'm trying to weight options. I don't know whether to get the iPhone from the apple store or verizon. Any pro or cons to choosing one of them. Thanks hope everyone day is going fantastic!
    08-02-2016 11:48 AM
    It should be out the same day
    thatgrayboi likes this.
    08-02-2016 11:49 AM
    Thanks Rob, so you think I should just just preorder with verizon instead?
    08-02-2016 11:50 AM
    Sure but keep in mind that you might not get the phone same day unless the allow the pick up in store option.
    thatgrayboi and libra89 like this.
    08-02-2016 11:51 AM
    It gets released same day. However, that's oversimplified a bit. You have a couple of variables to take into consideration such as variant(color-memory), the store itself(whether its corporate) will receive a decent amount in their specific shipment, and whether you pre-order it(not sure if you can with a upgrade- don't know how that works).
    thatgrayboi likes this.
    08-02-2016 01:15 PM
    Thanks Rob, so you think I should just just preorder with verizon instead?
    You probably have a better chance at getting it release day with Apple. I'd go that route.

You can also use Apple's upgrade program if you want.
    thatgrayboi and DarlaMack like this.
    08-02-2016 05:44 PM
    You probably have a better chance at getting it release day with Apple. I'd go that route.

You can also use Apple's upgrade program if you want.
    how does that process work sir
    08-02-2016 06:09 PM
    how does that process work sir
    Easy! More info here:

http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

You basically make installment (0% interest) on the phone and can trade it in or pay it off.
    thatgrayboi likes this.
    08-02-2016 06:51 PM
    They release it the same day but get it from Apple!!!! I usually get my phones from Apple but decided to go with Verizon last year for the s & it was a disaster. I ordered 2 devices, the 6s & the 6s plus. Verizon didn't tell me until the day of release they didn't have the Plus and they only told me that much because I was livid. I ended up going to Apple to get the plus a few days later when stock was back up. I've learned my lesson and will never go through Verizon again. They did, however, give me a $200 credit for the inconvenience which was nice but never again will I buy a phone from them.
    08-02-2016 10:40 PM
    They release it the same day but get it from Apple!!!! I usually get my phones from Apple but decided to go with Verizon last year for the s & it was a disaster. I ordered 2 devices, the 6s & the 6s plus. Verizon didn't tell me until the day of release they didn't have the Plus and they only told me that much because I was livid. I ended up going to Apple to get the plus a few days later when stock was back up. I've learned my lesson and will never go through Verizon again. They did, however, give me a $200 credit for the inconvenience which was nice but never again will I buy a phone from them.
    That's why I mentioned getting it from Apple. They have a better handle on what they have of each model than the carriers have of what they'll get for each model.
    nikkisharif and thatgrayboi like this.
    08-03-2016 04:38 AM
    OK thank you for you guys replies and experiences. I definitely will go to Apple.. Is it better to go online with to do it or wait in line at the store??
    08-03-2016 08:55 AM
    OK thank you for you guys replies and experiences. I definitely will go to Apple.. Is it better to go online with to do it or wait in line at the store??
    Whatever you prefer. I order online for in store pick up. I'd get way too anxious waiting on delivery lol.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-03-2016 08:20 PM
    Whatever you prefer. I order online for in store pick up. I'd get way too anxious waiting on delivery lol.
    I do the same for the same reason.
    08-03-2016 08:30 PM
    EXACTLY this. The same thing happened to me and I was highly disappointed. Ended up getting my 6s Plus from Apple a week later. I will never go through Verizon again. If it wasn't for their excellent coverage in my rural area, I would have gone to another carrier.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-04-2016 02:56 AM