Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By mumfoau
  • 1 Post By robertk328
  • 2 Post By Spencerdl
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

Default New service plan updates and features

Verizon rolled out their new plan updates today after rumors spread last week. 30% more data with a $10 increase to the price it seems. Each plan includes roll over data. XL & Larger plans have safety mode and long distance plus roaming in Canada and Mexico.

It's worth the switch I believe but, I already have 16gb of dat for $10 cheaper hmmm.

What do you guys think?

I'd opt to save that 120 bucks/year!
    kazp3r17 and Spencerdl like this.

Default Re: New service plan updates and features

Note it's "carry over" data vs "roll over" to protect from ATT lawyers!

I have the 12gb plan, up from the 6gb plan, so we've got plenty. I also got a deal with them once that doubled my data so I have 24. Up from 6gb that's more "plenty" than the 12gb! I don't see paying more when I doubt I'll use it. I guess if I needed to go to Canada or Mexico I would have to look into what that involves but I don't see either any time soon.

I currently get 10 gb. We never use it all. 16 gb cost $10 more. 8 gb cost $10 less. If I switch, it'll be to 8 gb. Not paying more for what I don't need.

I just increased my data to the new plan. I had 40GB for the cost of 20, but with all my travel we go over at least once every other month. That mess usually costs $100+ more for the month. I changed my plan to the 50GB plan for $30 bucks more. It's definitely worth it since I was already over my monthly allowance by 7GB, and I was able to back date it to 6/19. My allowance starts over tomorrow so I'm good Not a bad deal if you constantly go over your allowance. Plus if you don't use everything, it'll carry over.

Edit: I also forgot about that 2GB promotional data, so I actually have 52GB. I'm pretty happy with my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkisharif View Post
    I just increased my data to the new plan. I had 40GB for the cost of 20, but with all my travel we go over at least once every other month. That mess usually costs $100+ more for the month. I changed my plan to the 50GB plan for $30 bucks more. It's definitely worth it since I was already over my monthly allowance by 7GB, and I was able to back date it to 6/19. My allowance starts over tomorrow so I'm good Not a bad deal if you constantly go over your allowance. Plus if you don't use everything, it'll carry over.

Edit: I also forgot about that 2GB promotional data, so I actually have 52GB. I'm pretty happy with my decision.
    When you say "40GB for the cost of 20", were you on a promo? And essentially you lost the promo to sign up for the 50GB plan?

I have 24gb for the cost of 12gb as a promo, so if I sign up for the 16gb I'd probably lose the 2x doubler.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts

Was your data doubling a FIOS promo by any chance? If so, then that particular promo stays in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    Was your data doubling a FIOS promo by any chance? If so, then that particular promo stays in effect.
    Sure is! Good call -- thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    When you say "40GB for the cost of 20", were you on a promo? And essentially you lost the promo to sign up for the 50GB plan?

I have 24gb for the cost of 12gb as a promo, so if I sign up for the 16gb I'd probably lose the 2x doubler.
    I was on promo but I only ended up with a $30 increase by "technically" going from a 20GB plan to 50GB (and I still get my 2 extra GB) instead of the normal $105 difference. So essentially I'm still getting a promo price. It's a lot better than paying $45 extra for going over by 3GB.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkisharif View Post
    I was on promo but I only ended up with a $30 increase by "technically" going from a 20GB plan to 50GB (and I still get my 2 extra GB) instead of the normal $105 difference. So essentially I'm still getting a promo price. It's a lot better than paying $45 extra for going over by 3GB.
    OK thanks for the clarification We don't come close to the 24gb but if we start it may be worth the upgrade.
    nikkisharif likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    OK thanks for the clarification We don't come close to the 24gb but if we start it may be worth the upgrade.
    It was worth it for me.

I also took advantage of saving money and getting more gb's per month plus rollover. Verizon is still the most expensive carrier in the US, but their services for my area is second to none.
    robertk328 and nikkisharif like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    I also took advantage of saving money and getting more gb's per month plus rollover. Verizon is still the most expensive carrier in the US, but their services for my area is second to none.
    Mine would go up $10. I'm on the 12gb for $80, but the 16gb would be $90. With the doubler we get 24gb for that $80, and have only come close to 12gb just this month with a lot of travel/time away from wifi.