Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

533 Posts
    Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Default Looking for upgrade advice

Currently with Big Red on a four year old grandfathered plan: 450 minutes + unlimited text & 4 GB data (not shared). Paying around $98 USD/mo including taxes and surcharges

My contract is up on the 10th and I'm new phone eligible today. Going from Android Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to iPhone 6S+ for sure.

Pretty sure I want to go to unlimited talk/text + 3 GB shared which should end up being slightly cheaper than my current plan. Have not decided if I want to go $500 up front for a 128 GB phone or finance. I see myself keeping the phone 2 years (like I said been on Big Red contract for the last four years). No up front on 2 year financing is appealing but since everyone is 2-3 week wait time on 6s, I can save the up front cash easy enough.

I see from time to time talk of asking for special plans on stuff not offered on the website. Is there something I should go for like that or is the 3 GB shared my best bet? (I average 1.5 GB/mo)

Would love any advice or thoughts on Verizon's financing. Thanks!!!
    iMore Genius

20,830 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,711 Global Posts

Default Re: Looking for upgrade advice

I'd buy the phone outright and not be tied to a contract...
    iMore Intermediate

403 Posts

Default Re: Looking for upgrade advice

I like the Verizon payment plan. I have 24 months to pay off my iPhone 6s. No finance charge of course. If you put a few hundred down you can lower the monthly payment $10-15 bucks. Plus Verizon 4G LTE phones are sold UNLOCKED so when you pay it off you can go to any other carrier. Good luck with your decision.