Verizon Voice over LTE is terrible

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody else noticed that enabling LTE for voice makes calls sound terrible or is it just me? I've been hearing a ton of background static ever since I enabled it. I switched it off and now the static is gone.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody else noticed that enabling LTE for voice makes calls sound terrible or is it just me? I've been hearing a ton of background static ever since I enabled it. I switched it off and now the static is gone.

Yes I live in Buffalo Ny and have Verizon, I had the exact same experience so I turned it off.. Figure no need to use it since I have unlimited talk lol

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes I live in Buffalo Ny and have Verizon, I had the exact same experience so I turned it off.. Figure no need to use it since I have unlimited talk lol

Actually voice over LTE uses minutes just like any other call. The apparent advantage is that if you're talking to someone else who also has the feature enabled it should sound clearer. While it doesn't sound as muffled, the static was unbearable to me and not worth the slightly better clarity of the person on the other end.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
No longer with Big Red. But used 5s and 6 on VOLTE before I left. Had no issues. Much better voice quality for sure. But we all had VOLTE phones wth feature turned on.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
When I call someone with the same feature it sounds like I am sitting right next to them. It is CRYSTAL clear for me. Maybe you have a bad LTE signal???

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox