New unlocked iPhone on Verizon. Can I just pop in the SIM?

mrjspeed

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've done this in the past with other carriers. I'll have an unlocked phone and just pop the SIM in and it works. Phone calls, texts, data... I've done this with AT&T and Cricket (also AT&T).

Right now I have a work-issued Galaxy S4 through Verizon. I know I'll have to cut down the SIM to be whatever size the new iPhone needs (I've done that before), but will it just work fine like I've experienced in the past with other carriers?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You'd be better off getting the proper nano sim for your iPhone... you also would need to make sure the iPhone's MEID is associated with your phone number for legacy CDMA Verizon network support.

mrjspeed

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
you also would need to make sure the iPhone's MEID is associated with your phone number for legacy CDMA Verizon network support.

That's what I was afraid of. So I assume I wouldn't be able to swap phones by swapping SIMS, right? Only one device can be associated with a phone number in regards to CDMA if I understand you correctly. The area I work in only gets Verizon "3G" so I suppose I need CDMA to work and can't have both phones active depending on which has the SIM inserted.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify on this post ... You can put a Verizon SIM into ANY iPhone 6 or 6+ that's unlocked and you will get full network support, including legacy 1x/EVDO. I would assume the same would be for the 6S/6S+.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the old 3G will work unless the imei is registered with VZW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods