Verizon insurance on an iPad bought at Apple Store?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
They're doing open enrollment for insurance on all devices and wondering can I add my iPad Air 2 128g with cellular which is on my plan for insurance? I bought it at the Apple Store at release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It says I am eligible but I don't want to pay monthly for a service I can't use

I don't want to pay for insurance to find out it wasn't eligible lol

Then why bother asking in the first place? Outside of AppleCare+, you're probably going to be paying a monthly fee for insurance on the device.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Then why bother asking in the first place? Outside of AppleCare+, you're probably going to be paying a monthly fee for insurance on the device.

IDC about the monthly fee. I bought this iPad Air 2 on release so I'm too late for that . I'll pay the monthly fee if I have to but I want to know can I add the protection plan on an iPad I didn't buy from Verizon at all ? It says I can but I'm wondering is it truly covered ? It says eligible but I'm asking is it really ? Or some check mark it passed but not really ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
IDC about the monthly fee. I bought this iPad Air 2 on release so I'm too late for that . I'll pay the monthly fee if I have to but I want to know can I add the protection plan on an iPad I didn't buy from Verizon at all ? It says I can but I'm wondering is it truly covered ? It says eligible but I'm asking is it really ? Or some check mark it passed but not really ?

Dude, call Verizon and ask. They would be the best source of information.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

If Verizon says it can be covered. What more can anyone do here at iMore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Just call and ask. They won't let you get it and pay for it if the device isn't eligible and won't be covered. It's pretty simple. You are making it more complicated than it needs to be.