Does lack of availability of iphone 6 Plus affect the value of the Edge program?

anon(3979116)

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a 6 Plus early in October using the Verizon Edge program. It has been backordered again with delivery expected late in November. That timetable is starting to look dubious. I calculated the differences between using Edge, paying cash, or waiting for update eligibility. I thought that Edge would be the most economical, but I'm wondering how long delays in actually getting the phone will undermine Edge's economic advantage.

Has anyone else ordered the 6 Plus from Verizon using their Edge program?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I won't use the Edge program to finance an iPhone. I'd rather fork over the cash upfront or pay the subsidy, especially when I know I'm not planning on leaving Verizon anytime soon.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I won't use the Edge program to finance an iPhone. I'd rather fork over the cash upfront or pay the subsidy, especially when I know I'm not planning on leaving Verizon anytime soon.

I couldn't agree more. I do not want to lease an iPhone, which is essentially what you are doing with any of the carrier financing programs.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You are signing a contract either way. Edge (and other versions of it) are just ways to ease customers' concerns over upgrading in the future and gets that nasty word "contract" out of the way. It's numbers manipulation is all and designed to tempt you to upgrade annually while giving up your almost paid for edge phone. I don't recommend Edge.

The best way to buy a phone IMO is to get a subsidized phone by adding a line. Then switch it to a tablet line (put new sim in an ipad). Keep current phone line out of contract (put your old sim in new iphone). Change data on verizon.com to complete the switch.

If you're unlimited data plan, then buy new full price.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner