iPhone and no simultaneous voice/data on Verizon?

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
OK, so I am a WP user on Verizon and am debating on making the switch to iPhone when my current contract is over this December. However, I was reading something about Verizon upgrading its systems to VoLTE, which would provide simultaneous voice and data for iPhones.

Wait- what?

As a WP use, I can already do voice-data at the same time, so all of this time, iPhone's on Verizon haven't been able to? Did I misread something?

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
It's funny because I remember seeing this at&t vs. verizon commercial long ago that was mocking the iPhone's inability to do simultaneously use voice/data on verizon, so when I got my 822, I tried it out and it worked, so I naturally just assumed that the issue for iPhone had been resolved. thanks all!

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It's funny because I remember seeing this at&t vs. verizon commercial long ago that was mocking the iPhone's inability to do simultaneously use voice/data on verizon, so when I got my 822, I tried it out and it worked, so I naturally just assumed that the issue for iPhone had been resolved. thanks all!

Not an iPhone issue. It's a Verizon issue.

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Question: I use VoIP at home with Ooma and while I like the service, there is one annoying aspect: during a conversation, one party has to wait for the other party to stop talking before he can be heard, sort of like when using walkie-talkies. I was reading one of the articles listed and it said Verizon was going to change voice into data and send it over the network. So, does anyone know if this is going to be the case with VoLTE?

ericizzy1

May 17, 2011
Visit site
on the apple iphone page it says "And with simultaneous voice and LTE data, you can keep browsing while you’re talking." if the current verizon network will not allow this, im returning this phone as soon as i get it.
Apple - iPhone 6 - Connectivity

edit: for whats its worth, a verizon online chat rep just confirmed it will work
edit 2: apple chat wrote: "Great Question. Yes the new iPhone has the capability to use data and voice!!"

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
on the apple iphone page it says "And with simultaneous voice and LTE data, you can keep browsing while you’re talking." if the current verizon network will not allow this, im returning this phone as soon as i get it.
Apple - iPhone 6 - Connectivity

edit: for whats its worth, a verizon online chat rep just confirmed it will work
edit 2: apple chat wrote: "Great Question. Yes the new iPhone has the capability to use data and voice!!"
It also says "2. LTE, VoLTE, and Wi-Fi calling are available in select markets and through select carriers. Speeds are based on theoretical throughput and vary based on site conditions. For details on LTE support, contact your carrier and see www.apple.com/iphone/LTE."

So it will depend on VoLTE being deployed in your area (which it might already be).

ericizzy1

May 17, 2011
Visit site
spoke to tier 2 tech support on verizon, he says VoLte is not required for simultaneous voice and LTE data on the iphone 6. he says that the current lte will do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro