Traveling to Jamaica
My wife and I are going on vacation in about a week. We don't want to incur crazy charges while we are away. What do we need to do settings wise with our phones? We'll have wifi at the resort and would like to make the occasional phone call if need be. I have a 5S and the wife has a 4S. We're both on verizon. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- 09-12-2014, 02:05 PM #2
Re: Traveling to Jamaica
The last time I was on vacation at the Sandal Ocho Rios Resort, I'm not sure of the wireless carrier I had. I kept my phone in the safe inside our room, but I do recall having a wireless signal. Anyway, I would suggest you put your device is Airplane mode, but with Wi-Fi enabled and communicate via iMessage or email. Anyway, the link below will pull up Verizon's global coverage map. After clicking on the link, scroll down and select "Coverage Map" and then type in Jamaica. From what I gather, 3G coverage is available for all of Jamaica.
Global Services - Verizon Wireless
- 09-12-2014, 02:06 PM #3
- By christophermn in forum iPhoneReplies: 11Last Post: 04-06-2015, 12:02 AM
- By Highrisedrifter in forum Guides & How-To ArticlesReplies: 7Last Post: 12-05-2014, 02:46 PM
- By Sno_Bord in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 8Last Post: 09-14-2014, 02:06 PM
- By monkeyface1954 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2014, 01:42 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2014, 06:54 AM