Verizon XLTE and iPhone 5s and iPad Air

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. A couple of days ago Verizon announced an improved version of 4G LTE in select cities called XLTE.

For those of you who are using it right now, do you notice vast improvements in your area compared to before?

I am out of the country at the moment, so I can't tell you about my XLTE coverage since I haven't tested it yet. My area is Washington DC, and my house normally has two bars for LTE and almost five bars for 3G.

I wonder if Verizon or Apple will release a minor carrier or software update to make the XLTE symbol show instead of LTE in the future. Maybe iOS 8 will have this feature if a minor update doesn't show up before then?

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB Wifi + Cellular. Both devices are using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm out in Oklahoma for business and I definitely notice a difference. Haven't done a formal speed test but the fact that everything loads faster is proof enough.

The bars only show how good your call signal is, not how good your data signal is. I also doubt if they'll do an update to the status bar but you never know.

I'm pretty pleased with the update:)

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in south Fl and see that my ping is faster per speed test app, but data speed still around 45 up and 20 down (it's been fast for awhile down here.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Verizon says that there will be no changes to the indicator. It will basically be unnoticeable besides the increased speed.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed a difference in my area but my speeds have always been really high (around 55 down and 12 up)

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Philly and it's much faster and definitely noticeable. To test speed I don't rely on an download speed app. I just delete Numbers, Keynote, and Pages and then re-download them again as they seem to take an awfully long time to download to the device or restore from a backup. Certainly not fool proof but I can download all 3 now in the time it use to take me to download 1 of them.

Sent from my...take a guess?

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. A couple of days ago Verizon announced an improved version of 4G LTE in select cities called XLTE.

For those of you who are using it right now, do you notice vast improvements in your area compared to before?

I am out of the country at the moment, so I can't tell you about my XLTE coverage since I haven't tested it yet. My area is Washington DC, and my house normally has two bars for LTE and almost five bars for 3G.

I wonder if Verizon or Apple will release a minor carrier or software update to make the XLTE symbol show instead of LTE in the future. Maybe iOS 8 will have this feature if a minor update doesn't show up before then?

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB Wifi + Cellular. Both devices are using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

No, Verizon and Apple won't release a software update to show "XLTE"

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Update: I drove to Aliquippa, PA about 30 minutes from my house where I have excellent coverage but get poor speeds. Anyways, when I was out that way for work I did another speed test, well quite a few and I got 47Mbps up and 35Mbps down frequently. I stayed around 40/30 on about 10 tests from several servers. Soon as I got back home I was down to 5/2 :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414134217.348773.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro