Slow Verizon LTE

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just did a survey and it asked for average cell phone download speeds. My phone consistently got 2 Mbps download and upload with full verizon LTE service... anyone else experiencing this? Im in Virginia Beach.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I just did a survey and it asked for average cell phone download speeds. My phone consistently got 2 Mbps download and upload with full verizon LTE service... anyone else experiencing this? Im in Virginia Beach.

You referring to the Talk Mobile survey?

If so I did it recently as well and got 25 MBps down and 11 MBps up. Could just be peak time for your area. What's the fastest speed you've gotten?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The fastest has been 5mbps. Its like 10 pm here. I've always noticed that the internet on my phone has been way slower than my old note 2. But never did a speed check. Used to consistently get 25 mbps on my note... wondering if a trip to the apple store is in order.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The fastest has been 5mbps. Its like 10 pm here. I've always noticed that the internet on my phone has been way slower than my old note 2. But never did a speed check. Used to consistently get 25 mbps on my note... wondering if a trip to the apple store is in order.

Do any of your friends have the same iphone version as you who could run a speed test at the same location as you, to compare? That would be my suggestion. If they are running faster speeds, in addition to your former Note 2 running faster speeds on the same network, in the same location as well, then yes I would suggest a trip to the apple store. Don't merely base it on speeds. I can be on one end of town and get 2mbps down and then ten minutes later get 25mbps on the other end. Try and test it with known parameters.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Finn good idea, ill have to wait until this weekend to test. Called Verizon, they told me to do the typical reset network settings and the (reboot) by holding power and home button down together. Which I had already done also recommended a factory data reset which I have already done... Thinking it is time for an apple trip or get verizon to try a new sim/replacement phone I'm thinking, I'll just cut it down to some sort of software/hardware issue with my phone in particular.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Finn good idea, ill have to wait until this weekend to test. Called Verizon, they told me to do the typical reset network settings and the (reboot) by holding power and home button down together. Which I had already done also recommended a factory data reset which I have already done... Thinking it is time for an apple trip or get verizon to try a new sim/replacement phone I'm thinking, I'll just cut it down to some sort of software/hardware issue with my phone in particular.

Hope you can get it figured out, best of luck!

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It's the area, I get terrible speeds for the most part in Council Bluffs, Iowa, fastest I've seen is 13mbps but back home in Kansas City I get about 25mbps, that's download. Upload fastest I've seen is about 8mbps in Council Bluffs and about 15mbps in Kansas City.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Woot, someone else from VB!!

Ok, I have the iPhone 5 on AT&T but I do have a LTE mifi through work for Verizon. I have not run an actual speed test, but I can tell you that their network is extremely congested here and speeds come to a crawl sometimes. It was blazing fast when first released in this area, but now it can be really bad. You can blame our geography and all of the water here. In the past Verizon was the only wireless carrier that worked in south VB, northern NC, Suffolk, most of the Peninsula, etc. so basically I think they have way too many customers.

Sent from my iPad

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
ypuja7u6.jpg

This is mine...on extended LTE with only 1-2 bars of service. I think the upload sucks, but download is super fast!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm also in VB. My LTE speeds very depending on where I am. My average speeds are like 10 down 7 up. I was out in Chesapeake Square one day filling in for a short staffed store and I popped 52 down 27 up in one very particular spot. Lol. Was odd.

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
2y9ezu5a.jpg

Seems fast enough? :)

I depends on the tower you are on and how much traffic on the tower. I'm in a rural town with few Verizon users, this is AT&T territory. So lucky me!

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
There is a hacked carrier update that can possibly help you squeeze in a few more bits and bytes from Verizon, I can link you to it if you'd like.

On a side note, there are a lot of variables involved with speeds. The tower you are connected on may be congested, it may be peak usage time in your area, who knows.

I get about 45-50 in my area, but less than 5 at my job. It happens.

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
See my post above with 50 down? Last night I barely got 1 down. Congestion affects everyone I guess. I'm glad it went back to normal this morning.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
There is a hacked carrier update that can possibly help you squeeze in a few more bits and bytes from Verizon, I can link you to it if you'd like.

On a side note, there are a lot of variables involved with speeds. The tower you are connected on may be congested, it may be peak usage time in your area, who knows.

I get about 45-50 in my area, but less than 5 at my job. It happens.

I would love a link to information on this...

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
WOW, that looks more like 1X service than it does LTE.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro

I also said I wasn't going to upgrade and one reason was because I didn't want to lose my unlimited data. But I was able to last Monday and keep my unlimited data with Verizon. So my speeds are much faster now with the 5s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711