Verizon Edge Program

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure the monthly fee will balance it all out. Companies wouldn't be doing this if there wasn't a profit to be made.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As predicted, USA Today is reporting that, Like T-mobile & Verizon, AT&T has a plan to allow users to upgrade yearly called the "AT&T Next".

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
If it was like the t mobile where you pay $10 a month and then just pay the upgrade fee I would update to the 5s when it comes out instead of waiting another year using a phone that I didn't upgrade to.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased my iPhone 5 on this program. I read all of the fine print and I was okay with this deal. I have no idea why it is getting such bad press. Too good to believe I suppose.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased my iPhone 5 on this program. I read all of the fine print and I was okay with this deal. I have no idea why it is getting such bad press. Too good to believe I suppose.

I believe this is because of the extra fee that one must pay for their selected device each month. Also in the end unless you keep it for the full 2 years you don't own it and must turn it in if you plan on getting another phone. IMHO, I think it is up to the individual buyer to decide if it is worth it or not. If Verizon's new EDGE program worked for you and you are happy with the phone you got, that is all that matters.

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe this is because of the extra fee that one must pay for their selected device each month. Also in the end unless you keep it for the full 2 years you don't own it and must turn it in if you plan on getting another phone. IMHO, I think it is up to the individual buyer to decide if it is worth it or not. If Verizon's new EDGE program worked for you and you are happy with the phone you got, that is all that matters.

I'm looking at it like leasing a car. I have the option to trade up basically whenever I meet the minimum requirements. Keeps one on the "cutting" edge more than not.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at it like leasing a car. I have the option to trade up basically whenever I meet the minimum requirements. Keeps one on the "cutting" edge more than not.
I definitely agree with you here. If you like to stay on top of the latest and greatest phones a program like this isn't bad at all.

Gary Rhine

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
The problem with all of these plans is that they are still charging you the same voice/data/text monthly rate plan that they are when they are subsidizing the phone and then you are playing a monthly fee for the phone on top of that. If they dropped their rates by the amount of the subsidy and then charged you monthly for the phone, then I'd be ok with that-as it is now you are essentially paying for the phone twice.

This is correct. You were paying for the cost of the subsidy all along in the monthly payments. Now you are still paying it and paying for it again with the added 1/24 of the total cost per month.