Verizon Cloud for iPhone

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
App now available... https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/verizon-cloud/id645682444?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Description
Your iPhone puts your digital life in your pocket? until the day that it slips out of your pocket! Verizon Cloud is a free service that backs up your contacts, photos and videos to secure cloud storage, so you don't need to lose your important content if you lose your phone.

Here are some of the things Verizon Cloud can do for you:

? Keep your phone's content safe and secure in your own private cloud storage

? Access your content when you need it, even on the go, on any compatible device, your computer or the web

? Sync photos and videos from Verizon Cloud to your device, and then share that synched content with your friends and family

? Stream music and access documents stored in Verizon Cloud on your phone

? Backup content from your computer's hard drive to your Verizon Cloud using the downloadable computer app. You can then access that content on your mobile devices.

If you are an existing user of Backup Assistant or Backup Assistant Plus, all your content will automatically transfer over to Verizon Cloud.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that added info John... even if one just uses the 500mb option, that will allow for back-ups of contacts, text messages, call logs, and other items that can be selected via the app.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Which is basically iCloud lol and 5 GB free.

But Verizon has to get a piece of the Cloud pie, Think this app is more towards other devices.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
How do I know if I am eligible to subscribe to Verizon Cloud?If you have an active Verizon Wireless account, you’re eligible to subscribe to Verizon Cloud, regardless of the type of mobile phone you have.

Verizon Cloud offers a wide variety of ways to access the content you have stored in the cloud (e.g., computer, mobile phone, tablet, netbook and web browser(Note: Following this link will open a new window with the glossary page, anchored to the definition for browser.)). As long as you have access to the Internet and an eligible model or operating system of at least one of the device types mentioned above, you can subscribe.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you need to be a Verizon wireless customer? Or any sort of Verizon customer-landline, FIOS, etc?

For phones you do... they may offer the service for FIOS or landline services for home computers... one would have to check their service's respective web site and see if it's available - or not.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got the email about this and thought it was a great idea. Kind of like a double backup. Unfortunately I ran out of space before my backup was done. My only option is to buy more space. No thanks!!! I guess I'll stick with my regular icloud 5 gig free storage.

Very disappointing. Verizon had the chance to really have something useful.