Re: How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon AND Get a Subsidized Phone if You Have a Family Plan
Yes, that is exactly what you do. The new line would be sharing your 1400 minutes and if you have unlimited texts, sharing those, too. But it would not share your data. It would be pay as you go data or you could block data on the dumbphone line so that the dumbphone could not use data at all.
Originally Posted by drpepsi
1. Add a line - the line will come with a subsidized phone;
2. Pick the 2GB data plan and an iPhone;
3. Activate the new iPhone on the new line;
4. Activate a dumbphone on the new line and drop the data plan (this may happen automatically or you may have to call to get the data plan removed);
5. Activate the new iPhone on one of your unlimited data lines by using the SIM card that came with the iPhone or by getting a new SIM card for it;
6. Transfer one of the unlimited data line's upgrades to the dumbphone line and repeat steps 2-5.
You will now have 2 unlimited data lines with new iPhones on them, 1 dumbphone line and you will still have an unused upgrade on one of the unlimited data lines. You can transfer that unused upgrade to the dumbphone line and get another iPhone to sell to recoup the cost of the dumbphone line or you can save that unused upgrade to get yourself an iPhone 6 next fall.