Using Verizon iPhone5 on Tmobile
I called T-Mobile last night to get more information on the $30 a month prepaid plan with unlimited text and data but 100 minutes. I tried to tell the person that I had the Verizon iPhone4, so I would have to buy an unlocked iphone or the S3 or S4 when its out. Just not sure if I want to go back to Android. I will use VoIP for most of my calls and when at home on WiFi anyway. Right now I have Talkatone and Google Voice working. But really bummed I thought I could port my number now to Google Voice but the area is not supported. I wanted to make sure I will never lose my current number....But anyway
Has anyone else heard of that, T-Mobile being able to use Verizon LTE phones as long as it has a Sim card?
Last edited by kch50428; 03-28-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Mod edit for headline
- 03-28-2013, 01:32 PM #2
Re: Using Verizon iPhone5 on Tmobile
Moderator note: Headline/Title of post edited for clarity.
If you look around, we've had discussions here about the Verizon version of the iPhone5 being unlocked on the SIM and it is able to be used if activated SIMs from other carriers are inserted in the phone. As to other non-Apple devices being useable on T-Mobile, you might look at androidcentral.com's forum.
Last edited by kch50428; 03-28-2013 at 03:33 PM.Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
iPhone5 on VZW; iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
- By ilovesprint in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 11-18-2012, 08:17 PM
- By Got the Shakes in forum iPad 3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-20-2012, 11:16 PM
- By Trialnterror in forum iPad 3Replies: 4Last Post: 03-12-2012, 11:10 AM
- By kch50428 in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 6Last Post: 03-11-2012, 01:27 PM
- By touchyphone in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 07-23-2009, 07:06 PM