Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    20,835 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,716 Global Posts

    Default Verizon Communications seeks full ownership of Verizon Wireless

    Verizon Communications holds 55 percent ownership and Vodafone hold the remaining 45 percent ownership of the joint venture.

    Verizon Seeks Full Control of Industry’s Leading Carrier - Bloomberg

    Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ)’s effort to resolve its relationship with Vodafone (VOD) Group Plc, potentially ending their wireless joint venture, would put it on a path to full ownership of the most profitable and fastest-growing major wireless carrier in the U.S.

    The two phone companies have discussed a range of options, including the idea of Verizon acquiring 100 percent of their U.S. wireless partnership, people familiar with the situation said. Vodafone’s 45 percent stake in the venture, called Verizon Wireless, could fetch $115 billion, according to analysts. Vodafone jumped as much as 7.6 percent for its steepest gain in four years, adding more than $9 billion in market value.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Verizon Communications seeks full ownership of Verizon Wireless

    Interesting, indeed. Thanks for the info, Keith.
  3. #3  
    Highrisedrifter's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    2,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Communications seeks full ownership of Verizon Wireless

    Hmmm, as a Vodafone customer I may have to keep tabs on this. Thanks for posting.

Similar Threads

  1. Apple iPad 2 WiFi+3G (Verizon) 32GB Black and loads of accessories
    By PDADoctor in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 11:29 AM
  2. Verizon reception at full bars!!
    By ajsberrybold in forum Carrier Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 06:40 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 05:22 PM
  4. The Verizon iPhone, an iPhone Plus of sorts.
    By Youngstown in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions