Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    steelerserb's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Okay, so I go to Vzw today to pick up two iPhones for upgrades on two of my lines. Vzw says, no can do because the phones don't upgrade until next month. Next Month!! They said they will do any other phones in their lineup but not Apple because Apple corporate won't allow it. That's restricing trade! I just went onto Apples website and cannot find anything that says Apple won't allow you to upgrade. It does say, talk to your carrier. What do you think? BS? Has anyone had experience with this and was successful?
  2. #2  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,688 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,734 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    They told me same thing also I just laughed at them
  3. #3  
    Iphonejackson's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    They are probably putting you on the back burner to keep the stock for customers with current upgrades. They know you'll be back next month.

    Just a guess.
    MERCDROID likes this.
  4. #4  
    jf1450's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    54 Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    I guess I don't understand. The phones aren't due for an upgrade until next month. What's the beef?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    afazel (12-03-2012), Heisenberg (11-12-2012)
  5. #5  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,950 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Quote Originally Posted by jf1450 View Post
    I guess I don't understand. The phones aren't due for an upgrade until next month. What's the beef?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Exactly. I don't get it.
  6. #6  
    zerog46's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,328 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,088 Global Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    I have heard this before. They will not do an early upgrade on any apple device.
  7. #7  
    Lbun2's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    43 Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Upgrade to another phone. Then return it and get the iPhone. That would change the upgrade date.
  8. #8  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    10,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,131 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default Re: Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lbun2 View Post
    Upgrade to another phone. Then return it and get the iPhone. That would change the upgrade date.
    Do that and one will incur $35 per phone in restocking fees...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID (11-12-2012)
  9. #9  
    Lbun2's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    43 Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Do that and one will incur $35 per phone in restocking fees...
    How bad does he want it?? Plus you can get that waived.
  10. #10  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    10,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,131 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default Re: Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerserb View Post
    Okay, so I go to Vzw today to pick up two iPhones for upgrades on two of my lines. Vzw says, no can do because the phones don't upgrade until next month. Next Month!! They said they will do any other phones in their lineup but not Apple because Apple corporate won't allow it. That's restricing trade! I just went onto Apples website and cannot find anything that says Apple won't allow you to upgrade. It does say, talk to your carrier. What do you think? BS? Has anyone had experience with this and was successful?
    Your contract end date is what it is... they already allow upgrades within 3 months of the contract end date - which they don't have to... yet people kvetch because the 3 months can't be 4? I don't get that entitlement mentality... you can always upgrade any time you want by paying full retail for the phone... oh, wait - you don't have to do that because you're entitled to upgrade when you want to, on your terms... smh...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  11. #11  
    GingerSnapsBack's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,950 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,638 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

    Default Re: Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Sprint was the same way. I was a month and a few days away from my upgrade and they wouldn't let me upgrade to get away from my 9th or so bad Curve. They told me to wait. I told them to lump it.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

    So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
    MERCDROID likes this.
  12. #12  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Wow that is pretty crappy. I had VZW move my dates up on other phones without issue. I guess that is part of the price you gotta pay with Apple. One month isnt bad though.

    Did you call 611 to see if they would move your date in the system?
  13. #13  
    MERCDROID's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    You can always threaten to leave. I've never done it, but I've heard that it works wonders for some people. Just don't try to do it more than once. Then they'll actually call your bluff lol
  14. #14  
    Jrome.brooks's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    635 Posts
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iphonejackson View Post
    They are probably putting you on the back burner to keep the stock for customers with current upgrades. They know you'll be back next month.

    Just a guess.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    steelerserb's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Thanks everyone for your replies. I wouldn't be complaining that much but, a couple months back (when I upgraded another phone to an iphone) Vzw told me to use the upgrade of one of the phones that I am trying to upgrade now, for the upgrade of the other phone at that time. Now, I'm basically 10 days out and they won't play nice. The CSA that I spoke with said, "I will upgrade any other phone we have right now, but not Apple because, in the contract we have with Apple, we are prohibited to do early upgrades". She said she would even do a Galaxy. Well I did some research. There is no such contract between Vzw and Apple restricting early upgrades. I spoke with Apple today, they said they do not restrict sales on iPhones with Vzw, its up to the carrier to decide. So as I see things, don't tell me you will upgrade ANY phone but not Apple because of a nonexisting contract. Don't have me use another phone's upgrade and then say no when I want to go 10 days early. Here's the thing that I'm most annoyed at, I've been with Verizon since it was Bell Atlantic. Sorry for ranting...
  16. #16  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,950 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    I take it back: that DOES suck. Hate it when companies straight out lie about something.
  17. #17  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    17,212 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,421 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerserb View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I wouldn't be complaining that much but, a couple months back (when I upgraded another phone to an iphone) Vzw told me to use the upgrade of one of the phones that I am trying to upgrade now, for the upgrade of the other phone at that time. Now, I'm basically 10 days out and they won't play nice. The CSA that I spoke with said, "I will upgrade any other phone we have right now, but not Apple because, in the contract we have with Apple, we are prohibited to do early upgrades". She said she would even do a Galaxy. Well I did some research. There is no such contract between Vzw and Apple restricting early upgrades. I spoke with Apple today, they said they do not restrict sales on iPhones with Vzw, its up to the carrier to decide. So as I see things, don't tell me you will upgrade ANY phone but not Apple because of a nonexisting contract. Don't have me use another phone's upgrade and then say no when I want to go 10 days early. Here's the thing that I'm most annoyed at, I've been with Verizon since it was Bell Atlantic. Sorry for ranting...
    You have every right to be ticked, my friend. By the way, did you talk to someone from Verizon's retention department or their equivalent?
  18. #18  
    rclark1114's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    15 Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Can you do the upgrade through Apple?
  19. #19  
    Breid85's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    I've been following this thread for the longest and I've heard the same at stores about a contract with apple. My upgrade is next Friday but I just found out from the misses that I can get mine a week earlier, so this Friday I'm supposed to get one, but will keep u guys updated.......
  20. #20  
    Iphonejackson's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Don't be an *** on the phone, but be logical with them and work your way up the manager pole till you get what you want.
    I did this and got my bill cut in half after it took them 14 days to activate a phone.
    We pay them way too much every month to get poor customer service.
    mixicino likes this.
  21. #21  
    Apple4ever2011's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    280 Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Tell me again how awesome Verizon is and How At&T sucks???
  22. #22  
    fmflex's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Unfortunately, I will tell you that it won't happen no matter what you do. One of my lines was 6 days from upgrade when it pooped out. It was a BB storm. I wanted to upgrade to iPhone 4. They would not do it. I took it up to the regional VP and they couldn't do it. I threatened to cancel all our 5 lines and nothing worked. The best they could do, was give me any other phone for free for 6 days and in 6 days I could come back and get the iPhone with no restocking fees, no activation fees, and a $50 account credit for my frustration. So I took the offer. Based on all the trouble they were willing to go through, I have to admit, there must be something that's preventing them from doing early upgrades on the iPhone.
  23. #23  
    fmflex's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apple4ever2011 View Post
    Tell me again how awesome Verizon is and How At&T sucks???
    Well based on customer satisfaction surveys from all major services as well as consumer reports, AT&T keeps placing last and Verizon keeps placing first for like 3 years running. So you tell me,
  24. #24  
    GingerSnapsBack's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,950 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,638 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

    Default Re: Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Quote Originally Posted by fmflex View Post
    Well based on customer satisfaction surveys from all major services as well as consumer reports, AT&T keeps placing last and Verizon keeps placing first for like 3 years running. So you tell me,
    I've dealt with all three major US carriers: AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. At least for me, Verizon has been the one that has given me the least trouble. AT&T told me to lump it when I moved to an area that their maps showed I had service but didn't. Sprint told me to get bent when the phone I had kept breaking and couldn't keep a signal. Verizon sent a tech out to adjust a tower (or so the lady on the phone said) which had been misaligned after a tornado hit and I had crappy service. So yeah, Verizon is awesome.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

    So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
  25. #25  
    Apple4ever2011's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    280 Posts

    Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

    Quote Originally Posted by NobodyListenstoLaura View Post
    I've dealt with all three major US carriers: AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. At least for me, Verizon has been the one that has given me the least trouble. AT&T told me to lump it when I moved to an area that their maps showed I had service but didn't. Sprint told me to get bent when the phone I had kept breaking and couldn't keep a signal. Verizon sent a tech out to adjust a tower (or so the lady on the phone said) which had been misaligned after a tornado hit and I had crappy service. So yeah, Verizon is awesome.
    All Page 1 would seem to disagree with you...... So guess you guys told me....lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 06:28 PM
  2. Are you friggin kidding me ?!?!
    By Cleveland in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 12:27 AM
  3. Are You Kidding Me?????
    By tony2979 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 06:58 PM
  4. Are you brave enough....
    By LupeValenz in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 01:33 PM
  5. Replies: 125
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions

B