Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I will tell you that it won't happen no matter what you do. One of my lines was 6 days from upgrade when it pooped out. It was a BB storm. I wanted to upgrade to iPhone 4. They would not do it. I took it up to the regional VP and they couldn't do it. I threatened to cancel all our 5 lines and nothing worked. The best they could do, was give me any other phone for free for 6 days and in 6 days I could come back and get the iPhone with no restocking fees, no activation fees, and a $50 account credit for my frustration. So I took the offer. Based on all the trouble they were willing to go through, I have to admit, there must be something that's preventing them from doing early upgrades on the iPhone.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Well based on customer satisfaction surveys from all major services as well as consumer reports, AT&T keeps placing last and Verizon keeps placing first for like 3 years running. So you tell me,

I've dealt with all three major US carriers: AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. At least for me, Verizon has been the one that has given me the least trouble. AT&T told me to lump it when I moved to an area that their maps showed I had service but didn't. Sprint told me to get bent when the phone I had kept breaking and couldn't keep a signal. Verizon sent a tech out to adjust a tower (or so the lady on the phone said) which had been misaligned after a tornado hit and I had crappy service. So yeah, Verizon is awesome.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I've dealt with all three major US carriers: AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. At least for me, Verizon has been the one that has given me the least trouble. AT&T told me to lump it when I moved to an area that their maps showed I had service but didn't. Sprint told me to get bent when the phone I had kept breaking and couldn't keep a signal. Verizon sent a tech out to adjust a tower (or so the lady on the phone said) which had been misaligned after a tornado hit and I had crappy service. So yeah, Verizon is awesome.

All Page 1 would seem to disagree with you...... So guess you guys told me....lol

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I will tell you that it won't happen no matter what you do. One of my lines was 6 days from upgrade when it pooped out. It was a BB storm. I wanted to upgrade to iPhone 4. They would not do it. I took it up to the regional VP and they couldn't do it. I threatened to cancel all our 5 lines and nothing worked. The best they could do, was give me any other phone for free for 6 days and in 6 days I could come back and get the iPhone with no restocking fees, no activation fees, and a $50 account credit for my frustration. So I took the offer. Based on all the trouble they were willing to go through, I have to admit, there must be something that's preventing them from doing early upgrades on the iPhone.

Verizon will try everything to keep you from getting iPhone....they prefer to get you looked into a Android phone. Im sure they gave you a Droid to use...It's the unspoken policy....read imore, Engadget,cnet,..the articles are there....

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Here is ultimately the deal- You sign a 2 year contract and get the phone at a deeply discounted price and you are upset that Verizon is holding you to that contract?

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will try everything to keep you from getting iPhone....they prefer to get you looked into a Android phone. Im sure they gave you a Droid to use...It's the unspoken policy....read imore, Engadget,cnet,..the articles are there....

Actually no it was a BB storm 2. The reason they push Android is because they get a certain amount of them and they have to unload them while they can before they become paperweights. Being how Android releases new phones almost every week, the value of an android phone drops faster then its battery level. So they have to unload then at full price today because next week it's going to be bogo and the week after it'll be free and if they haven't unloaded them they loose money. iPhone holds value for at least a year.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with Verizon: one month until upgrade, loyal customer for years, etc., etc. The rep told me that Verizon could not change the date due to the Apple contract; the Apple rep said that was hogwash and that Verizon could do what it wanted to regarding upgrades. Another Verizon rep admitted that the customer service reps were told what to say when people asked about early upgrades and that the real answer was that the iPhone is an "iconic" device and that reps have to order them in a different computer program that forbids changing the upgrade date. I told the rep (very calmly, I might add), that I understood the issue but that I didn't appreciate being lied to by Verizon and that I'd like to talk to a supervisor. I was promised a phone call in 20 minutes - and that was 2 days ago. :) I'd jump ship to AT&T in a heartbeat (they have a better data package) if they had more widespread LTE coverage, but unless that happens in the next few weeks, I'll just stick it out with Verizon and wait for my upgrade date.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Customers have to understand that that when you sign a contract that it is a legal binding piece of paper. Verizon is doing nothing wrong by not allowing you to upgrade early. Who cares what excuse the rep gives you. They are just tired of getting yelled at.

Last edited:

HankHowdy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Verizon has no say on upgrading early on a iPhone. Apple doe not let verizon sell a iPhone at subsidized pricing until its time. This is not Verizon's fault. Been through this already.

Sent from my iPhone 4S? using Tapatalk

Jdhiker

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Verizon stores don't even have any iPhone5's anyway. You have to order and wait for Apple to ship. Verizon claims they are starting to ship nov 16th. But I'm sure there will be a glitch in that too.

I will wait till after Xmas.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Here is ultimately the deal- You sign a 2 year contract and get the phone at a deeply discounted price and you are upset that Verizon is holding you to that contract?

But Why!!!! Why Can't the bend the Rules....It's not like I'm gonna post it on a Forum somewhere so everyone else can call and Complain about why they can't do it!! I read on a Post that you are doing it....Some Guy Named Apple 4 Ever said so.... But I promise I won't tell anybody!!! Plus I don't Care what the Contract Says!!!! So what about 2 Full years!!! You know I heard on Blog that you guys can Upgrade my phone you just don't want to because your a Big Meanie!!! I'm gonna sit here and pout till my Contract is over.....Wah.....

Breid85

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
my upgrade is nov 23, and I just got a 32G from best buy around my house. They let me get it a week earlier, going to upgrade my fiances' phone this saturday, her upgrade is nov 30. Best buy is going to give us 120.00 gift cards so that 240.00 will take care of her phone!!! You know my ass is happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a VERIZON phone by the way. So as it seems they will let you upgrade a week earlier!!!!!!

HankHowdy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
my upgrade is nov 23, and I just got a 32G from best buy around my house. They let me get it a week earlier, going to upgrade my fiances' phone this saturday, her upgrade is nov 30. Best buy is going to give us 120.00 gift cards so that 240.00 will take care of her phone!!! You know my ass is happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a VERIZON phone by the way. So as it seems they will let you upgrade a week earlier!!!!!!

This is really cool. Verizon cannot do this though.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
It really does depend on who you talk to at VZW and also how their mood is. I have upgraded a month early twice to a new iPhone 4s. Once from a Droid 3 to an iPhone 4s and once from an iPhone 4 to a 4s. If the phone is crapping out I don't understand why they won't help a customer out. Seems like very poor customer service to me.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It really does depend on who you talk to at VZW and also how their mood is. I have upgraded a month early twice to a new iPhone 4s. Once from a Droid 3 to an iPhone 4s and once from an iPhone 4 to a 4s. If the phone is crapping out I don't understand why they won't help a customer out. Seems like very poor customer service to me.

They can do it for the 4s not for the 5

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon would not let me upgrade early at all, they would not waive the upgrade fee for me, the couple in the line next to me was verbally sparring with another "agent" and didn't get what they wanted.
When I went in I told the front door person I was upgrading to an iPhone 5 and the guy ones over and try's to sell me different phones! I was like no I'm good. And he's like yeah but these new windows phones are great, and I said yeah but this new iPhone is what I want and he still tried talking me out of it. So while he was talking I just started looking at nfl mobile on my iphone and stopped responding to him...
Then at the desk after purchase he brought out the cases I would "definitely need today" and I was like no I'm
Good, and he pushed hard again...
I jnderstand that age is in ales and it's his job... I don't understand why they try to
Push everyone away from
iPhone and in upset with the fees and rigidness of this new Verizon....
I could talk my way into or out of anything with them even 6 months ago... But now they seem to not give at all...
When I pushed back about the upgrade fee he flat out said that it was to recoup costs from the devices, I.e. IT'S A MONEY GRAB.
They don't offer anything new, transferring contacts is not (should not) be a "fee worthy" maneuver considering the fact that there are apps for it.
And the online tutorials, and workshops, seriously! That's the shield they hide the $30 upgrade fee behind its a joke!
This is why giant companies are bad for American consumers!!!
Look at what tmobile and sprint are doing for their customers, because they aren't so giant! It's a Shame they have such bad coverage and speeds!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR