Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    iPhone Intermediate

Default Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by fmflex View Post
    Unfortunately, I will tell you that it won't happen no matter what you do. One of my lines was 6 days from upgrade when it pooped out. It was a BB storm. I wanted to upgrade to iPhone 4. They would not do it. I took it up to the regional VP and they couldn't do it. I threatened to cancel all our 5 lines and nothing worked. The best they could do, was give me any other phone for free for 6 days and in 6 days I could come back and get the iPhone with no restocking fees, no activation fees, and a $50 account credit for my frustration. So I took the offer. Based on all the trouble they were willing to go through, I have to admit, there must be something that's preventing them from doing early upgrades on the iPhone.
    Verizon will try everything to keep you from getting iPhone....they prefer to get you looked into a Android phone. Im sure they gave you a Droid to use...It's the unspoken policy....read imore, Engadget,cnet,..the articles are there....

Global Posts
    3,060 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Verizon... c'mon! are you kidding?

Here is ultimately the deal- You sign a 2 year contract and get the phone at a deeply discounted price and you are upset that Verizon is holding you to that contract?
    Thanked by:
    kch50428 (11-13-2012)
    kch50428 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Apple4ever2011 View Post
    Verizon will try everything to keep you from getting iPhone....they prefer to get you looked into a Android phone. Im sure they gave you a Droid to use...It's the unspoken policy....read imore, Engadget,cnet,..the articles are there....
    Actually no it was a BB storm 2. The reason they push Android is because they get a certain amount of them and they have to unload them while they can before they become paperweights. Being how Android releases new phones almost every week, the value of an android phone drops faster then its battery level. So they have to unload then at full price today because next week it's going to be bogo and the week after it'll be free and if they haven't unloaded them they loose money. iPhone holds value for at least a year.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had the same issue with Verizon: one month until upgrade, loyal customer for years, etc., etc. The rep told me that Verizon could not change the date due to the Apple contract; the Apple rep said that was hogwash and that Verizon could do what it wanted to regarding upgrades. Another Verizon rep admitted that the customer service reps were told what to say when people asked about early upgrades and that the real answer was that the iPhone is an "iconic" device and that reps have to order them in a different computer program that forbids changing the upgrade date. I told the rep (very calmly, I might add), that I understood the issue but that I didn't appreciate being lied to by Verizon and that I'd like to talk to a supervisor. I was promised a phone call in 20 minutes - and that was 2 days ago. I'd jump ship to AT&T in a heartbeat (they have a better data package) if they had more widespread LTE coverage, but unless that happens in the next few weeks, I'll just stick it out with Verizon and wait for my upgrade date.

Global Posts
    3,060 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Customers have to understand that that when you sign a contract that it is a legal binding piece of paper. Verizon is doing nothing wrong by not allowing you to upgrade early. Who cares what excuse the rep gives you. They are just tired of getting yelled at.
    Last edited by phreddyl; 11-14-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    kch50428 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Verizon has no say on upgrading early on a iPhone. Apple doe not let verizon sell a iPhone at subsidized pricing until its time. This is not Verizon's fault. Been through this already.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iMore Newbie

Verizon stores don't even have any iPhone5's anyway. You have to order and wait for Apple to ship. Verizon claims they are starting to ship nov 16th. But I'm sure there will be a glitch in that too.

I will wait till after Xmas.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    Here is ultimately the deal- You sign a 2 year contract and get the phone at a deeply discounted price and you are upset that Verizon is holding you to that contract?
    But Why!!!! Why Can't the bend the Rules....It's not like I'm gonna post it on a Forum somewhere so everyone else can call and Complain about why they can't do it!! I read on a Post that you are doing it....Some Guy Named Apple 4 Ever said so.... But I promise I won't tell anybody!!! Plus I don't Care what the Contract Says!!!! So what about 2 Full years!!! You know I heard on Blog that you guys can Upgrade my phone you just don't want to because your a Big Meanie!!! I'm gonna sit here and pout till my Contract is over.....Wah.....
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts

Hope you got this taken care of. They can do early upgrades thru the 800 number.

Global Posts
    3,060 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by mixercub View Post
    Hope you got this taken care of. They can do early upgrades thru the 800 number.
    Not if you are not eligible.
    kch50428 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

my upgrade is nov 23, and I just got a 32G from best buy around my house. They let me get it a week earlier, going to upgrade my fiances' phone this saturday, her upgrade is nov 30. Best buy is going to give us 120.00 gift cards so that 240.00 will take care of her phone!!! You know my *** is happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a VERIZON phone by the way. So as it seems they will let you upgrade a week earlier!!!!!!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breid85 View Post
    my upgrade is nov 23, and I just got a 32G from best buy around my house. They let me get it a week earlier, going to upgrade my fiances' phone this saturday, her upgrade is nov 30. Best buy is going to give us 120.00 gift cards so that 240.00 will take care of her phone!!! You know my *** is happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a VERIZON phone by the way. So as it seems they will let you upgrade a week earlier!!!!!!
    This is really cool. Verizon cannot do this though.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,094 Global Posts

It really does depend on who you talk to at VZW and also how their mood is. I have upgraded a month early twice to a new iPhone 4s. Once from a Droid 3 to an iPhone 4s and once from an iPhone 4 to a 4s. If the phone is crapping out I don't understand why they won't help a customer out. Seems like very poor customer service to me.

Global Posts
    3,060 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Janey_G View Post
    It really does depend on who you talk to at VZW and also how their mood is. I have upgraded a month early twice to a new iPhone 4s. Once from a Droid 3 to an iPhone 4s and once from an iPhone 4 to a 4s. If the phone is crapping out I don't understand why they won't help a customer out. Seems like very poor customer service to me.
    They can do it for the 4s not for the 5
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Verizon would not let me upgrade early at all, they would not waive the upgrade fee for me, the couple in the line next to me was verbally sparring with another "agent" and didn't get what they wanted.
    When I went in I told the front door person I was upgrading to an iPhone 5 and the guy ones over and try's to sell me different phones! I was like no I'm good. And he's like yeah but these new windows phones are great, and I said yeah but this new iPhone is what I want and he still tried talking me out of it. So while he was talking I just started looking at nfl mobile on my iphone and stopped responding to him...
    Then at the desk after purchase he brought out the cases I would "definitely need today" and I was like no I'm
    Good, and he pushed hard again...
    I jnderstand that age is in ales and it's his job... I don't understand why they try to
    Push everyone away from
    iPhone and in upset with the fees and rigidness of this new Verizon....
    I could talk my way into or out of anything with them even 6 months ago... But now they seem to not give at all...
    When I pushed back about the upgrade fee he flat out said that it was to recoup costs from the devices, I.e. IT'S A MONEY GRAB.
    They don't offer anything new, transferring contacts is not (should not) be a "fee worthy" maneuver considering the fact that there are apps for it.
    And the online tutorials, and workshops, seriously! That's the shield they hide the $30 upgrade fee behind its a joke!
    This is why giant companies are bad for American consumers!!!
    Look at what tmobile and sprint are doing for their customers, because they aren't so giant! It's a Shame they have such bad coverage and speeds!!!!
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    Verizon would not let me upgrade early at all, they would not waive the upgrade fee for me, the couple in the line next to me was verbally sparring with another "agent" and didn't get what they wanted.
    When I went in I told the front door person I was upgrading to an iPhone 5 and the guy ones over and try's to sell me different phones! I was like no I'm good. And he's like yeah but these new windows phones are great, and I said yeah but this new iPhone is what I want and he still tried talking me out of it. So while he was talking I just started looking at nfl mobile on my iphone and stopped responding to him...
    Then at the desk after purchase he brought out the cases I would "definitely need today" and I was like no I'm
    I jnderstand that age is in ales and it's his job... I don't understand why they try to
    Push everyone away from
    I could talk my way into or out of anything with them even 6 months ago... But now they seem to not give at all...
    When I pushed back about the upgrade fee he flat out said that it was to recoup costs from the devices, I.e. IT'S A MONEY GRAB.
    They don't offer anything new, transferring contacts is not (should not) be a "fee worthy" maneuver considering the fact that there are apps for it.
    And the online tutorials, and workshops, seriously! That's the shield they hide the $30 upgrade fee behind its a joke!
    Look at what tmobile and sprint are doing for their customers, because they aren't so giant! It's a Shame they have such bad coverage and speeds!!!!
    I keep telling you guys....there are a lot of Verizon fanboys that refuse to admit it.....they disregard previous reports that say they try to push Droid....
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    Push everyone away from
    I've said it before I'll say it again. The reason Verizon pushes every single other phone except for iPhone is because.... Pretend that you're at the grocery store and droid phones and window phones are like fresh fruit and vegetables that will spoil in a couple of days and the iPhone is like canned goods that have a much longer shelf life. This is because the iPhone releases once a year and even when the new model comes out the old one is still in high demand while the other phones have the latest and greatest phone come out every two weeks and the previous models become worthless.

Global Posts
    11,667 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Apple4ever2011 View Post
    I keep telling you guys....there are a lot of Verizon fanboys that refuse to admit it.....they disregard previous reports that say they try to push Droid....
    There's still an ingrained culture among those that have been at Verizon since before they got the iPhone to sell against the iPhone... that "old dog, new tricks" thing...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

It's not that Apple doesn't let them subsidize the phone early or at a specific date for the customer. The problem is that all companies have to buy the phones from Apple upfront, Verizon, Sprint, At&t, Radioshack, Best Buy. Every company that sells iPhones owns them rather than like some androids. Yes they make more money off Android because they cost less which means less money they dump into subsidizing them. No one understands that these companies owns the iPhones and don't want to lose any more money than they already are upfront. So yes they'll make you stay in your contract for the whole thing if you want an iPhone because they own them and are taking a bigger hit compared to other phones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12