Is your Verizon iPhone 5 displaying the incorrect date and time?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
We're receiving reports from Verizon (and a few Sprint) iPhone 5 users that their iPhone are randomly showing the wrong date and/or time. Is anyone here experiencing that issue?

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon iPhone haven't had any problem

---------- Post Merged at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Verizon iPhone haven't had any problem

rmburns

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, sometimes 6 minutes slow and sometimes the time is way off. Doesn't seem to happen as long as LTE turned off in settings. Verizon iphone 5 32gb. Also, when I called Verizon yesterday, they said they were aware of the issue. They blamed Apple and said Apple was in the process of releasing another carrier update for Verizon. I haven't heard this elsewhere, so I don't believe them.

Last edited:

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My Sprint iPhone 4S shows the wrong time zone when I'm roaming on Verizon while at work. At the moment it isn't a problem because Arizona doesn't observe DST, but when DST ends, the time in Arizona will be an hour off from the time here in Nevada, so the time will be wrong if Verizon doesn't fix it by then.

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had this happen to me once my time was a hour behind but I think this is more of a carrier problem then a iPhone or apple problem. I have a coworker who has sprint and the same thing happen to his phone.

shack1108

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
With my sprint iPhone 5, occasionally (once every couple days) I'll pick it up and the time will be twenty minutes early (saying its 3:10 when it's 3:30). It's always twenty minutes though. To fix it I just do a hard reset and it works.

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed this but I have been keeping the automatic time and date update off any way in effort to try to slow down battery drain. But I am going to turn it on to see If I am havin that problem.

mungera

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed the time being wrong, but every few days the Twitter for iPhone gives me an error saying the date and time is incorrect. I fixed it be turning the phone off and on. I just assumed it was a glitch in the application, but I'll pay more attention now. VZW 32 GB iPhone.

plutomoondude

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
This morning, I was checking my missed calls, and my iPhone 5 (Verizon) said that I had a missed call that was three days in the future. I have not noticed the time being wrong, but I am not really looking for this until now.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
This morning, I was checking my missed calls, and my iPhone 5 (Verizon) said that I had a missed call that was three days in the future. I have not noticed the time being wrong, but I am not really looking for this until now.

Quick, call that person up and ask them what the lottery numbers will be for tomorrow!

Sent from somewhere

tjmontgomery123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been having this issue since I received my iphone 5 three weeks ago. I Missed a flight and was late for work twice. I've called Verizon a few times, only to have them point fingers at apple or any other excuse they can think of. Ill try setting my clock manually in settings. However this is just annoying as I travel to different time zones weekly. I just would of bought a watch if knew that a simple thing like keeping time was going to be an issue.

wsharpe

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint iPhone 5 and have experience the phone losing time. It seems to lose about 20 minutes. This has happened several times. I asked Sprint and they say it's not their signal. I took it to the sprint store and they said take it to apple. It happens at least once a day. If I turn the phone off and back on it will reset the correct time. When I went to the Sprint store they suggested the the problem was because I had the automatic timezone turned off. He turned it on and the same thing happened today. It is 20 minutes behind right now.

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a iPhone 5 with Verizon n the time thing is the only problem i'm having with my 5. Happens a couple times a day n very annoying since I use my phone for my alarm clock.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim