I want my traditional VZW voicemail back--can I disable visual voicemail on i5?

whippetcat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I miss the VZW voicemail. The visual voicemail on the iPhone offers you two options, change your password or change your greeting. With good ole' VZW voicemail, I could forward a message, forward a message with comments, I could fast forward by hitting 3, rewind by hitting 1, and I could respond to voicemail message without calling someone back by hitting 8. Can I somehow get that back on my iPhone 5? Any workarounds I can do?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess your looking for the prem voicemail Verizon offered cuz *86 is reg voicemail .. Do those commands work on that ? ... Maybe call Verizon and see if they need to upgrade your voicemail feature to prem

whippetcat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I guess your looking for the prem voicemail Verizon offered cuz *86 is reg voicemail .. Do those commands work on that ? ... Maybe call Verizon and see if they need to upgrade your voicemail feature to prem

*86 brings me to a voicemail menu but much more limited than what I had before I had an iPhone. I can't be the only person that notices this, can I? Is anyone using an iPhone missing the ability to forward a voicemail, or respond to a voicemail without actually calling someone back?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I miss the VZW voicemail. The visual voicemail on the iPhone offers you two options, change your password or change your greeting. With good ole' VZW voicemail, I could forward a message, forward a message with comments, I could fast forward by hitting 3, rewind by hitting 1, and I could respond to voicemail message without calling someone back by hitting 8. Can I somehow get that back on my iPhone 5? Any workarounds I can do?

You can forward and rewind with the slider but not sure the other stuff.

whippetcat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
You can forward and rewind with the slider but not sure the other stuff.

I don't mean fast forward--I mean I need the ability to forward a voicemail message to another phone number. I will check out Google Voice, but if anyone know a solution that doesn't involve a third-party voicemail, please let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2