Verizon Unlimited plans

mrobertson21

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I understand that I won't be able to keep my unlimited data when I upgrade, but will the fact that I'm currently on an unlimited plan hinder my ability to pre-order?

I guess I could just call VZW and ask lol, but I figured I'd ask you guys and see if maybe anyone else is in the same situation.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Why wouldn't you keep it after upgrading?

Are they no longer grandfathering people in?

(Some help I am...)

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

mrobertson21

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Why wouldn't you keep it after upgrading?

Are they no longer grandfathering people in?

(Some help I am...)

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

It's my understanding that they're not grandfathering anyone in anymore, at least not when you upgrade to a 4G device. Stupid VZW lol.

Also, I guess to clarify my question, I'm trying to figure out if my unlimited plan will cause an error when trying to upgrade through Apple's website (maybe they won't have it configured for that kind of transaction or something, idk).

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
They are not grandfathering anyone that upgrades at a subsidized price(199$ iPhone). But if you pay full retail or being your own device then you can keep your unlimited data. That's the pickle I'm in now. I want the new phone but don't have 750 to lay out.

mrobertson21

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
They are not grandfathering anyone that upgrades at a subsidized price(199$ iPhone). But if you pay full retail or being your own device then you can keep your unlimited data. That's the pickle I'm in now. I want the new phone but don't have 750 to lay out.

Me either. I'm gonna go to the shared plans, because my family usage is about 3 GB a month on average, so I think we'll be fine with the 8 GB plan. Also, $750 is a lot of cash lol.

I just don't wanna be all ready to pre-order, and then an error message pop up informing me that I can't upgrade this way. Because that would totally happen to me... I have the worst luck.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I use 3-4gb on my phone and almost 5gb on my mifi my wife only uses 500-600 mb because she is almost always on wifi so a shared plan is useless for me, would cost more to cover what I'm using now.

kfreeman_23

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
No unlimited even if you are on 4g LTE! it sucks. I've had it since 2008! i guess 750$ it is. AT&T has 30$ for 3gigs. Vzw 30$ 2gigs...lame. i would even choose the double data promo. but time will(9/12/12)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No unlimited even if you are on 4g LTE! it sucks. I've had it since 2008! i guess 750$ it is. AT&T has 30$ for 3gigs. Vzw 30$ 2gigs...lame. i would even choose the double data promo. but time will(9/12/12)

verizon no longer has the $30 for 2gigs it is just the share plans...

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, how will this all work for me? I am a current Verizon customer. I have 4 smart phones and 1 dumb phone. Unlimited data, 1400 mins, unlimited text. Family share plan. I will be getting an iPhone 5 and transferring my sons number to my old phone. So, what data plan/voice plan will I be able to get and how will my other phones be affected? I use combined 5-6 Gig a month between all phones.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, how will this all work for me? I am a current Verizon customer. I have 4 smart phones and 1 dumb phone. Unlimited data, 1400 mins, unlimited text. Family share plan. I will be getting an iPhone 5 and transferring my sons number to my old phone. So, what data plan/voice plan will I be able to get and how will my other phones be affected? I use combined 5-6 Gig a month between all phones.

It depend what actual line is signing a new contact that line will lose unlimited data .. Yours son who is getting your phone will not be affected .. Your option for whatever lines upgrade your using will be convert to the share plan for everyone or go from unlimited to a 2 gig for 30 plan

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am upgrading from another line on my account, not my own line so does that mean that line that I am upgrading from will lose the unlimited data? That may be advantageous as the line I will upgrade from uses less than 2 Gb a month so switching that to a $30 2Gb plan and keeping my line, which I will actually be using with the the new phone will stay unlimited? That would be great for me but seems to good to be true.

Actually, when I run the numbers I get this:

I pay approx $232/month before taxes and fees.
I would pay the same if the above scenario is true
I would pay $270 for share everything 6Gb and $280 for share everything 8Gb.

Answer is obvious but I want to make sure I am not missing anything here.

moegumby

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
You will want to call and confirm before changing anything. From what I understand, if you upgrade any line at discount pricing, you have to change to the share everything plan, which will effect ALL your lines. Because this is a Plan change not just a single line account. In effect you will now HAVE to purchess the Data you want for all lines and pay 40 per smartphone. So be careful, making a change to any line with a discounted phone will change everything.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
You will want to call and confirm before changing anything. From what I understand, if you upgrade any line at discount pricing, you have to change to the share everything plan, which will effect ALL your lines. Because this is a Plan change not just a single line account. In effect you will now HAVE to purchess the Data you want for all lines and pay 40 per smartphone. So be careful, making a change to any line with a discounted phone will change everything.

And I was told that I can opt out and do the $30/month 2gb plan...I guess since I'm an existing VZW customer...I guess we will see when the time comes. If I can get out of Share Everything, I will pay full price.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

I have called a confirmed you can choose the 2 for 30 actually twice lol

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am upgrading from another line on my account, not my own line so does that mean that line that I am upgrading from will lose the unlimited data? That may be advantageous as the line I will upgrade from uses less than 2 Gb a month so switching that to a $30 2Gb plan and keeping my line, which I will actually be using with the the new phone will stay unlimited? That would be great for me but seems to good to be true.

Actually, when I run the numbers I get this:

I pay approx $232/month before taxes and fees.
I would pay the same if the above scenario is true
I would pay $270 for share everything 6Gb and $280 for share everything 8Gb.

Answer is obvious but I want to make sure I am not missing anything here.

Exactly the only line that loses unlimited is the one you sign the contact on and what you described is exactly what in doing except the upgrade im using already is on a 2 for 30 plan do they pretty much can't take my unlimited of in signing a contract for the other line I have called and confirmed this with my local Verizon store more than once

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I think actually what will happen is I will transfer the upgrade from another line to mine. I assume in doing so that I will lose the unlimited data on my line (the one I am transferring the upgrade to) and will have the option of 2Gb for $30/month. The issue is I am the one who uses the most data in my family so it would be best if I were not the one losing unlimited data.

If that above is so, how much for 3Gb a month and can I change back and forth in amount of data based on what I eventually settle on for data at any time without signing a new contract every time?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR