Autofill wrong info, Facebook address??

ke6mtf

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I am a long time iOS user. I love to use autofill. But recently it started fighting me. All my info is correct, but for email address it insists on using my Facebook address. I see no reason to use it since I prefer my others. I adjusted my address book so it is listed last hoping that would fix it. But it still uses it!! Does anyone know of a fix or workaround for it?

I'm running 6.0.1 on my iPad and 6.0.2 on my Iphone 5 and both are doing the same. Just to be clear I'm not jailbroken.

iNotes4You

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I am a short time user of iOS. Just 1 year. Maybe I am wrong but try set Use contact info OFF and clear all Passwords in Settings - Safari - AutoFill ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357544146.841760.jpg

ke6mtf

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I want to use autofill, so unless I am not understanding what you mean then that isn't the solution I'm looking for. I want to use it and it works well for me. It just it insists on using a different email address then the one I want it to.....

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well that's what he's suggesting. To clear the autopilot suggestions and input them again in whatever websites you need them. It should do it automatically again after that.

ke6mtf

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if I am using the wrong terms or just worded it poorly to convey the problem. Saving data to fill a form on a website I "think" is called something else. I say that because when it is done, you do nothing but the data is filled in. What I am talking about is the "autofill", the button. Generally used when setting up an account on a new website. For this to work it has to be connected with a contact card that has the info in it. When on the website instead of typing in all the data manually (name, address, phone number, and email) you press the "autofill" button that then does it for you. It used to work great. But after iOS added Facebook login it only wants to use my Facebook email address. I have five email addresses. I have edited and rearranged the contact info, but the Facebook one seems to be the one "autofill" wants to use. I don't mind it being in my contact info, I just don't want it to be the "autofill" default address. I personally don't know why anyone would want to use a Facebook address for any website other than Facebook, but my iOS devices seem to disagree.....

csd

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Really frustrating. Only solution I've found is to unlink my FB account from my Contact record, but that causes other issues.

ptowndave

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Having same issue any solutions?

I created a new contact with the info I want to use and in the autofill settings used the new contact as the one to choose

Last edited:

ke6mtf

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
No luck yet, still quite annoying. Seems the best idea is the new contact idea, though I find it insane that or disconnecting Facebook are the two best options. Am I missing something or are those truly the only options???

brent_noorda

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
This is the solution that has worked for me. 1) In settings -> safari -> passwords & autofill I change "My Info" to be some completely incorrect contact. 2) back in safari I fill in the login item with my correct email address, 3) go back to settings -> safari -> passwords & autofill and change "My Info" back to my correct contact. After all this the problem seems OK (until I reinstall facebook for some reason and the problem shows up again)

a316403

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
This is an old thread but a new issue for me. I could not even edit out my FB email using my iPad settings because it was grayed out and non-editable. So, I went to my FB page, general settings, email, edit. Then UNCHECK "use your Facebook email". Got my auto fill back! Damn Facebook defaults.:mad:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro