Tweetbot Issues?

Hughey79

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I purchased Tweetbot the day after I got the iphone5 and I love it however several times now it will stop working and a red drop down box will appear saying I no longer have permission or it is not available. I have sent messages to them for help and they admitted they had a few complaints of the same thing but had nothing to go on. The next time it happened I sent another message to them and had another person reply back that it was Twitters fault and out of their hands. Well today it happened again and I have since sent yet another message to them and am waiting a reply.
I have un-installed and re-installed the app numerous times and in the past this has worked, today it will not. I paid for an app and would like for it to work. Is anyone else have any issues?

Thanks and my apologies for venting.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Tweetbot for quite some time and I have never had an issue like that happen. Have you actually logged onto your twitter.com and checked your app permissions in its settings? Give it a try and make sure that Tweetbot is listed.

Last edited:

Hughey79

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Good call I had never looked at that. Yes it is listed and it is not revoked. I just revoked several I had used for Android though. I still can not get it to work and I have also restarted the phone a few times as well. Thank you for responding!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You're welcome. Try this: On your iPhone, go to Settings/Privacy/Twitter and make sure Tweetbot is turned ON. Also, I'm assuming you are running iOS 6. Oh, and check your restrictions setting to make sure that Tweetbot is set to ON.

Hughey79

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Alright I did just that and at both places it is turned to "on" and yes I am running the iOS6 on the iphone 5. Sorry but this is frustrating to me. I dont want to keep uninstalling and reinstalling either.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Alright I did just that and at both places it is turned to "on" and yes I am running the iOS6 on the iphone 5. Sorry but this is frustrating to me. I dont want to keep uninstalling and reinstalling either.

I hear you, but honestly, I really don't think Tweetbot is the problem, at least not in and of itself. The app is way too popular and well-built and too many of us who are running iOS 6 and have Tweetbot installed are not having any problems and as I've stated earlier, I've never experienced anything like you're describing in regard to Tweetbot. When you upgraded to iOS 6, did you restore from a backup or update OTA? If so, that could be the problem. If you have the time & energy, I'd say do a reset and restore as new instead of from a backup. Yes, you will lose saved game data and stuff like that, but what you may gain is a trouble-free user experience. Still, it's your call, your time and your device...:)

Hughey79

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The phone came new with iOS6 and I installed everything new except I downloaded all my contact info and email via google as thats what I had. I appreciate the help. Thanks for trying.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The phone came new with iOS6 and I installed everything new except I downloaded all my contact info and email via google as thats what I had. I appreciate the help. Thanks for trying.

Oh okay then. I'm assuming you have an iPhone 5. Well, if I can think of anything else, I will post it. Sorry, I wasn't able to help correct the problem. In the meantime, take care and try to enjoy the rest of your day...:)

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Try going to twitter on the web and revoking access to Tweetbot and then go back into the tweetbot app and try to login again and you should be good

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2