Will you use Twitter more?

What are your Twitter plans for iOS5?

• I use Twitter a lot and still will.

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • I have a Twitter account and use it a little but I'll use it more.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I have a Twitter account and use it a little and will use it the same.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I have a Twitter account, don't use it, but will start now.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I don't have a Twitter account but might try it out.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have a Twitter account and don't plan on getting one.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
i use it a lot now. A lot. The integration into iOS 5 won't make a difference to me as I can't stand Twitter for iPhone. I prefer getting my Boxcar notifications and using the client of my choice.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I don't really post on twitter so it's integration really won't mean anything for me. Following for news and stuff will not change for me.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
certain things will be cool like if I take a picture or I'm on a website I can easily just tweet it out. However I will still be using my usual clients on the different devices. I do think it will make it alot easier for the more n00b user who either doesn't know about clients or is intimidated by them.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i use it a lot now. A lot. The integration into iOS 5 won't make a difference to me as I can't stand Twitter for iPhone. I prefer getting my Boxcar notifications and using the client of my choice.

Me, too... the only nice part of integrated Twitter app is the ability to tweet photos directly from the camera roll. Osfoora all the way, baby.

What WOULD be nice is to make the Twitter client configurable - be able to choose any installed Twitter client as the default for the picture tweeting, etc... but that's probably a pipe dream...

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's possible to use twitter more than I do now.

Personally, the pic integration isn't a fav of mine. it puts it in a link and on the desktop version, they click on it, and it sends them to that status update, not the actual picture link. They could really cut out out a step. Same amount of time to open the app and upload the pic.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I second this! Boxcar + Tweetlogix for me :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Boxcar fans!

to anyone who uses the Boxcar timeline push notifications. have you or do you successfully get ALL of your notifications??

eveytime i try to use it there are always tweets in my timeline that did not get pushed to my device. very frustrating.. to the point of me deleting it

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
to anyone who uses the Boxcar timeline push notifications. have you or do you successfully get ALL of your notifications??

eveytime i try to use it there are always tweets in my timeline that did not get pushed to my device. very frustrating.. to the point of me deleting it

I don't use it for timeline notifications, only for mentions, DM's and RT's ... However, I've noticed that the only time it does not notify me is when the person who is tweeting a mention or RT has their account set to private. Every other notification I'll get. So maybe the same might be true for your timeline notifications - those users have their account set to private, therefore Boxcar doesn't push them.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I only use it for DM's and mentions. I follow around a thousand people, so using it for the timeline would be kinda silly...it would be going off all day long.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that's the thing.. i do not follow very many people and i would in fact like to receive updates every time. with the Notification Center i would simply turn the sound off but still see the notification on my lockscreen or drop down

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR