Facebook Push Oddity

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
So I've been using the facebook app for about two years now. Obviously vast improvements have been made in it over that time, not the least of which being 3.0 and the addition of push alerts. However I have never been impressed with the notifications system as it only seems to work when it feels like it, which seems to be about half the time from my experience. Whatever, facebook isn't THAT important so I don't really complain about the lack of reliability. The weirdness started about a week ago now, wen I began receiving notifications that were not from my account. After some detective work I figured out that these notifications were intended for my girlfriend's account. She is a Blackberry user herself, but has logged into her facebook a few times from my phone just to try it out. My account is currently logged in to facebook both in the app and in safari, but the sporadic notifications from her account have continued. Anyone else ever experienced this kind of behavior?

Relevant info for troubleshooting?
iPhone 3GS 32GB (original hardware, I bought it on launch day)
Jailbroken with Blackra1n
Firmware 3.1.2
just ask if anything else is pertinent.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
I too have experienced lackluster notifications from Facebook on my 3GS, and when the notifications decide to show up on my phone, they don't make a sound. They apparently like to be all ninja-like. Beyond that, though, I have not experienced what you are describing. Sorry.

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Log into her account from a computer, and REMOVE the iPhone for Facebook app options. that should take care if it.

Also, on your iPhone, log out of the Facebook app, clear cache (Safari settings), and then log back into Facebook on your iPhone...

PS: PUSH for Facebook on the iPhone is not the best. You might want to consider using Boxcar. Albeit from time to time, that's not 100% either. But, I think that's to do with Facebook not putting a number in the notification section online. That's what Boxcar looks for in order to then send a PUSH...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox