Facebook & iPhone - how do you use it?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I know this has been spoken about before, but I want to revisit it.

Coming from a BlackBerry, I'm use to being able to receive my messages virtually instally in the Facebook application.

Now, I know that Facebook on the iPhone does NOT support PUSH at present. So, with that said, I receive my emails instantly in ME.com and thus know I have a comment etc, on my Facebook account. Albeit, if it's a comment, there is no telling which status the person is commenting on, since the email does not detail this.

But, I would like to know how everyone else uses Facebook on their iPhone(s)? I swear when opening Facebook (latest version 3.0.1) it doesn't seem to refresh\update per se'. It is suppose to, right?

What am I missing? :eek:

Ivan

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i'm using mine the exact same way you do. i just receive the push email from me.com then check on facebook. i cant wait until they update the app though so that replies and comments push to the phone like on a blackberry.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I also do the same thing as you. It's the best solution until the push notification update is released.

I have not noticed any issues with the app not updating/refreshing. Works great for me.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't really use it alot for updating etc. but I love the new look in the updated version. The only thing I use it for is to upload pictures but otherwise I just wait until I can use it in my browser just my personal taste.

Hoolian

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't use push email so i just check facebook all the time for updates and new messages. I hate having to check facebook AND delete email notifications, so i just turned them off.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I've noticed the app does not refresh/reload if you are on the same page or only go to the main page. I usually have to hit one of the quick launches and then it refreshes. Maybe 3.0.2 addresses this when you load up the app.

So I use the email notification as well. When you do the above, there will be a notifications bar at the bottom of the app. You click it and then tap on the word "wall" of that comment. It then takes you right to that comment.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If you are having issues delete the app and reinstall it; 3.02 corrects many of these issues. They were related to updating from 2.x versions and the caches could become corrupted and cause poor performance according to the developer. Supposedly if you deleted the 2.x version and then installed 3.0 you wouldn't have the problems that some have been experiencing.

nextjeter2

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
The best way 2 do it is 2 use gpush with gmail. It actually is a app tht uses push notifications for ure gmail so it will pop up saying
by facebook
whoever commented on....
It sometimes can get cut off cuse it only shoes 1 linr but i jst close it and open the facebook app i like it more tn my old blackberry

nextjeter2

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
I did try me also and did not like it cause i had 2 open my email 2 see if it was fb thn open fb wit gpush i no if it is fb or not

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I use facebook the same way everyone else does (with Me.com and then checking).. I can't wait until push notification is ready. I know the Blackberry app use to have the little "f' symbol and it would ring differently(if you set it up that way) when you got a message, comment, basically whatever you want it to notify you of. Thats one of the few things I miss about the blackberry.

Enforcer25

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I use facebook the same way everyone else does (with Me.com and then checking).. I can't wait until push notification is ready. I know the Blackberry app use to have the little "f' symbol and it would ring differently(if you set it up that way) when you got a message, comment, basically whatever you want it to notify you of. Thats one of the few things I miss about the blackberry.

This is something I also miss about my Bold and hopefully this will be changed in an update, but I'm still very happy with the switch to the Iphone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro