Rented Movie didn't sync with other devices

MrJizac

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
So I had an issue with Apple TV. I rented a movie War Dogs and decided I wanted to watch it on my iPad. The rented move did not show up on my iPad, iPhone or iTunes via PC. During the rental process on the Apple TV I noticed there was a weird issue with some verification of my credit card, it asked me for my password and then skipped through to confirming the movie. I went to my ipad to watch the movie and nothing showed up. I would go to iTunes Store on my ipad and it would want me to rent it again. For the sake of argument I tried to rent the move again and my iPad told me the verify my card number, so I did, then it just asked me if I was sure I wanted to purchase the rental, I would choose yes and then it would send me in this loop of the same verify you credit card again. Everything is correct, passwords, credit card number etc. I was fed up and decided to purchase another movie on my iPad, emphasize in the word purchase, this worked find and the movie showed up on all devices. Not sure what's going on here but it was super annoying. Tried calling Apple and was on hold forever so I hung up. Anyone have any issues or can explain what happened? Was it this specific movie rental, or could this of been an minor issue with iCloud and iTunes?

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the loop of errors, but you cannot rent a movie on Apple TV and watch it on other devices. Apple actually states this in their help/support forums on their website. They do not say "why" of course. The reason you were able to purchase something and see it on all devices is because once you own it you can do whatever you want with it. When you rent it, you don't own it. Hope that makes sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR