Mr. Robot on USA Network...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had a chance to see the first few episodes of this?

I personally think it's FANTASTIC so far!!!

The story revolves around a cyber-security employee who spends his free time as a hacker, and strives to be a sort of superhero in the world of computers and internet.

It reminds me A LOT of the show Dexter...he's a very reclusive and kind of "broken" person, and has some really interesting sociopathic characteristics that tend to lash out at times.

So far I'm LOVING it. Only 4 episodes so far, and me and the wife marathon'ed them over the weekend while working and I'm really excited to see more!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I watched the very first episode this past Saturday via my TV. It's a tad on the weird side, but it's definitely worth watching. I'll watch another episode or two later this evening.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I liked it a lot, until it started getting a little too R-rated. Some of the stuff in that show was inappropriate IMO and I have since stopped watching it. If they clean it up, I'll start watching it again.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I liked it a lot, until it started getting a little too R-rated. Some of the stuff in that show was inappropriate IMO and I have since stopped watching it. If they clean it up, I'll start watching it again.

It's definitely 'out there'...(laughing)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Were you expecting a disney channel show? This isn't a family show...it's a story that delves into the life of a reclusive and depressed introvert who is also addicted to drugs. I mean there has to be a certain understanding of where this show was going to go when you started it (just like Dexter, or any other show of that nature).

It came out of the box as an "R-rated" story...not sure where you felt it took such a drastic dark turn, but to me, it wasn't hiding anything from the get go.

If they clean it up, they're going to ruin the tone of the entire story, which would be tragic in my opinion.

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving the show, I've got my wife hooked on it. I've convinced my wife that there is some fight club style stuff going on. Both Christian Slater and Rami Malik being the same person. Just the vibe I get, maybe I'm reading into stuff too much.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving the show, I've got my wife hooked on it. I've convinced my wife that there is some fight club style stuff going on. Both Christian Slater and Rami Malik being the same person. Just the vibe I get, maybe I'm reading into stuff too much.

Im getting the same vibe.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Finally got around to watching this. Caught the first couple episodes yesterday and will definitely binge watch.

This show reminds me somewhat of 'Breaking Bad' in a couple of ways. The directing. Especially with the camera work and shots of the city. Second, I've only seen two episodes but it already feels like I won't be watching some sort of throw-away episode. That was my favorite thing with 'Breaking Bad". There really wasn't a throw-away episode. Maybe "Fly" but that's arguable.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Finally got around to watching this. Caught the first couple episodes yesterday and will definitely binge watch.

This show reminds me somewhat of 'Breaking Bad' in a couple of ways. The directing. Especially with the camera work and shots of the city. Second, I've only seen two episodes but it already feels like I won't be watching some sort of throw-away episode. That was my favorite thing with 'Breaking Bad". There really wasn't a throw-away episode. Maybe "Fly" but that's arguable.

Thank you for reminding me to get caught up with that show. I had been too busy as of late but I have a lot of free time today and parts of tomorrow. Thanks again...:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So those of you that are caught up...HOOOOLY sh*t, lol! The story took a twist that I didn't see coming, and honestly had a hard time accepting, but it ended up being a very nice turn of events, and it really gave it some unique flavor given the fact that most of us called a certain fact early on.

(SPOILER)

...I was happy to be somewhat wrong...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So those of you that are caught up...HOOOOLY sh*t, lol! The story took a twist that I didn't see coming, and honestly had a hard time accepting, but it ended up being a very nice turn of events, and it really gave it some unique flavor given the fact that most of us called a certain fact early on.

(SPOILER)

...I was happy to be somewhat wrong...

C'mon man, don't make binge watch later this afternoon...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
C'mon man, don't make binge watch later this afternoon...

It's worth it...I had 3 hours of it to catch up on because we were on vacation for almost 2 weeks. I watched that sh*t without a break and no commercials because it just started getting SO good and really twisted! I feel awful for elliot.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
And there we go. As soon as I start liking it, the gay Hollywood agenda pushes itself on us again in the middle of the 3rd episode.

UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And there we go. As soon as I start liking it, the gay Hollywood agenda pushes itself on us again in the middle of the 3rd episode.

UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

It does NOT get caught up on that...I felt like they were trying to push that into your face, but it doesn't get caught up on it thankfully, and it actually plays into the story kind of naturally later.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It does NOT get caught up on that...I felt like they were trying to push that into your face, but it doesn't get caught up on it thankfully, and it actually plays into the story kind of naturally later.

I'm going to take your word for it and keep watching. If there is more wang thrown in my face, I'm blaming you lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR