Roger Waters The Wall

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
One of my favorite bands of all time...but I have to be 100% honest, I've always felt that while certainly immensely talented, Roger Waters always played second fiddle to David Gilmore and Gilmore's other worldly guitar skill.

That said, I cannot wait to see this either!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
One of my favorite bands of all time...but I have to be 100% honest, I've always felt that while certainly immensely talented, Roger Waters always played second fiddle to David Gilmore and Gilmore's other worldly guitar skill.

That said, I cannot wait to see this either!

David Gilmour made Pink Floyd, he wrote the majority of the lyrics and music, and his playing brought it the right emotion. Roger Waters is egotistical and greedy, he was once tried to sue for the sole rights to Pink Floyd but lost because Gilmour's contributions out weighed his. Now Gilmour is essentially some owner of Pink Floyd. Also, as a guitarist, Gilmour is a huge influence for me. Nonetheless I'll probably go see this movie cause I love the music, although with Gilmour it does suffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
David Gilmour made Pink Floyd, he wrote the majority of the lyrics and music, and his playing brought it the right emotion. Roger Waters is egotistical and greedy, he was once tried to sue for the sole rights to Pink Floyd but lost because Gilmour's contributions out weighed his. Now Gilmour is essentially some owner of Pink Floyd. Also, as a guitarist, Gilmour is a huge influence for me. Nonetheless I'll probably go see this movie cause I love the music, although with Gilmour it does suffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While Gilmour contributed on some songs, Waters wrote most of Pink Floyd's songs. Those on Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, and The Wall were all Waters.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
While Gilmour contributed on some songs, Waters wrote most of Pink Floyd's songs. Those on Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, and The Wall were all Waters.

Glimmer wrote at least one song on The Wall for sure called Young Lust. Personally though, Pink Floyd was always a great band to me because of the guitar, not the lyrics...truthfully, the lyrics were always a bit too odd and emotional for me to really care much about, but the guitar...my god.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2