Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Wayward Pines

    Anyone check this out yet? It's pretty interesting so far! M Night Shyamalan produced it, and it honestly does have a bit of his flair to it (mystery wise).

    Definitely has a bit of a science fiction feel to it, and with the most recent episode (at the end), the wall surrounding the town seems to be keeping more out than in!

    I really like it!
  2. #2  
    swarlos's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,983 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    No after the atrocity that Shamalamadingdong did with Avatar Last Airbender I never want to see anything of his again. I boycott!! Messed up one of my most favorite shows and universes ever.


    Carried by a raven from The Wall.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post
    No after the atrocity that Shamalamadingdong did with Avatar Last Airbender I never want to see anything of his again. I boycott!! Messed up one of my most favorite shows and universes ever.


    Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    I was also very upset by that, as Avatar was one of my favorite cartoons ever...but this show is not written or directed by Shyamalan, just produced (which means he simply offered direction to the team and possibly gave money). Give it a shot!
  4. #4  
    swarlos's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,983 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I was also very upset by that, as Avatar was one of my favorite cartoons ever...but this show is not written or directed by Shyamalan, just produced (which means he simply offered direction to the team and possibly gave money). Give it a shot!
    Ok LOL I'm just wary of anything that has his name attached. I'm just now awaiting Sense8 to go live on Netflix looks dope!


    Carried by a raven from The Wall.
  5. #5  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    680 Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Anyone check this out yet? It's pretty interesting so far! M Night Shyamalan produced it, and it honestly does have a bit of his flair to it (mystery wise).

    Definitely has a bit of a science fiction feel to it, and with the most recent episode (at the end), the wall surrounding the town seems to be keeping more out than in!

    I really like it!
    Yes I have watched the first 2 episodes on hulu and so far so good. It replace secrets and lies fore since it has that bit of mystery into. Although it is said to see 2 characters killed off so quickly.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Quote Originally Posted by kazp3r17 View Post
    Yes I have watched the first 2 episodes on hulu and so far so good. It replace secrets and lies fore since it has that bit of mystery into. Although it is said to see 2 characters killed off so quickly.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk
    I actually like that kind of aggressive style of story telling...not being afraid to kill off leads makes me feel they aren't constrained by star power (beyond the lead obviously).
  7. #7  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    680 Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I actually like that kind of aggressive style of story telling...not being afraid to kill off leads makes me feel they aren't constrained by star power (beyond the lead obviously).
    I can agree to that. I would have liked another episode with Terrence H. Showing more of his role as sheriff. Since it seems that each character that is in the town has a deeper part in the somewhat captivity environment.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Quote Originally Posted by kazp3r17 View Post
    I can agree to that. I would have liked another episode with *SPOILER*. Since it seems that each character that is in the town has a deeper part in the somewhat captivity environment.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk
    Let's be careful with spoilers...at least give some warning for those who haven't watched yet!
  9. #9  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    680 Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Let's be careful with spoilers...at least give some warning for those who haven't watched yet!
    Woops got ahead of my self lol


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk
  10. #10  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    I actually went out and got the first book of the trilogy that the show is based on. I haven't watched the show yet, but found the premise very interesting. Plus I needed a good book for shore trips.

    That being said, I'll avoid this thread for a bit! Haha
  11. #11  
    iEd
    iEd is offline
    iEd's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,421 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Haven't checked it out yet. Been recording them for a binge at some point.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
  12. #12  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    I finished the first book, and am waiting on the other two to arrive in the mail in the next couple of days.

    I did watch the first episode....it skips some details from the book and takes some liberties, but I'm anxious to watch the rest.

    The only thing holding me back is that I read that this 10 episode series dives into the next books after episode 5, so I am hesitant to go forward too far into the show.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    This show got REALLY strange and came very close to jumping the shark...but I'm determined to finish it, because it's still quite interesting. When I say weird though...I mean WTF kind of weird, lol.
    jmburke1982 likes this.
  14. #14  
    kazp3r17's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    680 Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Agreed Sean. After watch "the truth" episode I became lost and confused


    Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Series finale was awful. Such a let down...felt rushed and cliche. They built up to this really unique story climax, and then bam...no imagination.
  16. #16  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    I have watched the first 6 episodes, and have read about how the series ends (very different). I read the books, and I have to say...the books were so much better. They changed a lot in the show that I wish they kept in. It really added so much to the story.

    And as for the abies...the way they are described in the book are far more terrifying than depicted in the show. The show has them looking like vampire-like creatures, and in the book...I don't even know. How I had them in my mind was way different and much more scary!

    The show is good and interesting, but I wish they planned on more than one series and added more to it.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Just watched the first episode of season 2 & I'm not sure how I feel about the first generation taking over. Jason is pretty annoying
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Season 2 turned out to be pretty awesome. I hate we have to wait so long for the next one
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    I really enjoyed the first season. Hated the ending. But I've had a hard time getting as engrossed in the second season. I'm going to have to try.
  20. #20  
    joed57's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: Wayward Pines

    Watched the first season. It got strange. One episode of the second season and I was gone.

Similar Threads

  1. New, updated, and discounted apps: Wayward Souls, Hay Day, and more!
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2014, 10:40 AM
  2. Stay Off The Line (By Pine Entertainment)
    By elllllteeeee85 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 03:27 PM
  3. Tap Tap Ninja - (by Pine Entertainment)
    By AndreaTa85 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 03:00 PM
  4. pine apple logo is stucked
    By sunmoon_16 in forum iPhone 3G Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 06:19 AM
  5. Upcoming iPhone physics game - Rescue Pine
    By kypello in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions