Wayward Pines

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone check this out yet? It's pretty interesting so far! M Night Shyamalan produced it, and it honestly does have a bit of his flair to it (mystery wise).

Definitely has a bit of a science fiction feel to it, and with the most recent episode (at the end), the wall surrounding the town seems to be keeping more out than in!

I really like it!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No after the atrocity that Shamalamadingdong did with Avatar Last Airbender I never want to see anything of his again. I boycott!! Messed up one of my most favorite shows and universes ever.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No after the atrocity that Shamalamadingdong did with Avatar Last Airbender I never want to see anything of his again. I boycott!! Messed up one of my most favorite shows and universes ever.

I was also very upset by that, as Avatar was one of my favorite cartoons ever...but this show is not written or directed by Shyamalan, just produced (which means he simply offered direction to the team and possibly gave money). Give it a shot!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was also very upset by that, as Avatar was one of my favorite cartoons ever...but this show is not written or directed by Shyamalan, just produced (which means he simply offered direction to the team and possibly gave money). Give it a shot!

Ok LOL I'm just wary of anything that has his name attached. I'm just now awaiting Sense8 to go live on Netflix looks dope!

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone check this out yet? It's pretty interesting so far! M Night Shyamalan produced it, and it honestly does have a bit of his flair to it (mystery wise).

Definitely has a bit of a science fiction feel to it, and with the most recent episode (at the end), the wall surrounding the town seems to be keeping more out than in!

I really like it!

Yes I have watched the first 2 episodes on hulu and so far so good. It replace secrets and lies fore since it has that bit of mystery into. Although it is said to see 2 characters killed off so quickly.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have watched the first 2 episodes on hulu and so far so good. It replace secrets and lies fore since it has that bit of mystery into. Although it is said to see 2 characters killed off so quickly.

I actually like that kind of aggressive style of story telling...not being afraid to kill off leads makes me feel they aren't constrained by star power (beyond the lead obviously).

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I actually like that kind of aggressive style of story telling...not being afraid to kill off leads makes me feel they aren't constrained by star power (beyond the lead obviously).

I can agree to that. I would have liked another episode with Terrence H. Showing more of his role as sheriff. Since it seems that each character that is in the town has a deeper part in the somewhat captivity environment.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I can agree to that. I would have liked another episode with *SPOILER*. Since it seems that each character that is in the town has a deeper part in the somewhat captivity environment.

Let's be careful with spoilers...at least give some warning for those who haven't watched yet! ;)

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I actually went out and got the first book of the trilogy that the show is based on. I haven't watched the show yet, but found the premise very interesting. Plus I needed a good book for shore trips.

That being said, I'll avoid this thread for a bit! Haha

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Haven't checked it out yet. Been recording them for a binge at some point.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I finished the first book, and am waiting on the other two to arrive in the mail in the next couple of days.

I did watch the first episode....it skips some details from the book and takes some liberties, but I'm anxious to watch the rest.

The only thing holding me back is that I read that this 10 episode series dives into the next books after episode 5, so I am hesitant to go forward too far into the show.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This show got REALLY strange and came very close to jumping the shark...but I'm determined to finish it, because it's still quite interesting. When I say weird though...I mean WTF kind of weird, lol.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Agreed Sean. After watch "the truth" episode I became lost and confused

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have watched the first 6 episodes, and have read about how the series ends (very different). I read the books, and I have to say...the books were so much better. They changed a lot in the show that I wish they kept in. It really added so much to the story.

And as for the abies...the way they are described in the book are far more terrifying than depicted in the show. The show has them looking like vampire-like creatures, and in the book...I don't even know. How I had them in my mind was way different and much more scary!

The show is good and interesting, but I wish they planned on more than one series and added more to it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just watched the first episode of season 2 & I'm not sure how I feel about the first generation taking over. Jason is pretty annoying

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I really enjoyed the first season. Hated the ending. But I've had a hard time getting as engrossed in the second season. I'm going to have to try.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice